Parameters to make the models look like a FP

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
Mgfiest

Parameters to make the models look like a FP

Post by Mgfiest »

Hi,

All of the models in this software is mostly CP with the exception of a few quads and a co-axial.

So how do I change the flight modes or other parameters to make those CP feel like a FP.

Thanks
RootlessAgrarian

Re: Parameters to make the models look like a FP

Post by RootlessAgrarian »

YES PLEASE

I would like to use Heli-X as a trainer for flying Blade 200 SRX and other FP helis.

I will pay the full licence fee if I have some firm indication that I can fly at least one FP model that feels more or less like a Blade 200 SRX.
Michael

Post by Michael »

You can easlily make a FP helicopter out of every helicopter:

Go the the flight mode settings, load the curves for Standard_FP, that is it. It will then look like this:
FP.png
FP.png (43.15 KiB) Viewed 13869 times
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

and in which universe does this work in... I have tried this and all I get is a bird that spins around like a top... there is no tail control... unless I am missing something... there are a lot of parameters with each heli that is designed... I can't believe making pitch 100% across the board and throttle from -100 to 100 will make it a FP.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Why you can't believe a fixed pitch would give you a FP simulation? Exactly that is in fact the very definition of a FP (= Fixed Pitch), at least in the universe of RC helis.
Also, I just simply loaded Standard_FP as well as Michael suggested and it DOES behave like a FP heli as expected. Don't know what you are doing. I got no tail spinning or other issues at all (except it's now a FP heli). Do you still have your rudder set to 30% deadband? With your previous issues and now this I seriously get the impression you either messed up your controller config or assume inability to control the heli as a faulty simulation...
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

still tail spins and i have not screwed anything up with the controller config... a matter of facts... I reset and restarted the whole controller config as if new setup... I will go out on a limb.. if everyone is using a programmerable radio like a dx6i and better you are probably having it work for you.. but with this HK 6ch device it just don't work. If someone is truly using this HK 6CH radio and is working I would like to know how... thanks
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

Ok.. now have a Spektrum DX7 and the FP that is suggested works... just what I suspected... the programable transmitters works better than the HK unit.