Multiple Controller In Ubuntu 10.10 Problem

Installation and usage on Linux / Installation unter Linux
cheechr1

Multiple Controller In Ubuntu 10.10 Problem

Post by cheechr1 »

Hello all, I have been using Heli-x for a while and am quite pleased with it. An issue has recently come to my attention though, as I have purchased a new Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. I do not want to use this controller with Heli-X, I only wish to use my Walkera 2801-Pro which is connected through my microphone input and uses TXPPM to work. If I boot with the logitech controller plugged in and start TXPPM and turn on my controller, Heli-X says it only found 1 controller, the Logitech one. In order for me to be able to use the Walkera controller I must reboot with the Logitech controller not plugged in. Is there anyway I can get around this without having to reboot?

BTW try the new version of TXPPM to connect an rc controller in linux through the soundcard, the new version rocks!
Michael

Re: Multiple Controller In Ubuntu 10.10 Problem

Post by Michael »

Hello,

make sure that the controller is ready for use before HELI-X is started. At the beginning, HELI-X looks for alle controllers and should give you a list where you can choose the controller. If this is not the case, look inte the file files/Application/ApplicationSettings.xml. Delete the entry DefaultControllerName and try again.

Michael
cheechr1

Re: Multiple Controller In Ubuntu 10.10 Problem

Post by cheechr1 »

Hi Michael thanks for the quick reply. I have just tried to remove the DefaultControllerName from the ApplicationSettings.xml file and the was no change. Whether or not both controllers are functional the output of the log always says "Linux plugin claims to have found 1 controllers". Both controllers are working and functional (I can see the Walkera Controller is working using TXPPM) but for some reason Heli-X never finds both to ask if I want to select a different controller. It will use the Walkera transmitter only if the Walkera transmitter is the only connected controller. Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. I tried to set the walkera transmitter to DefaultControllerName using <DefaultControllerName>PPM Transmitter</DefaultControllerName> I found the name for the controller from the Heli-X log file. This did not work either. Maybe I input the controller name wrong? :cry: