Freeze on startup

Installation and usage on Linux / Installation unter Linux
doumakes

Freeze on startup

Post by doumakes »

I'm a new HELI-X user, running Ubuntu 9.10. When I run runHELI-X64.sh, I get a dialog asking me my language preference. After I click that dialog, it disappears. I am left with the splash screen, and a progress bar that is 10-20% complete. There is no further output. I must CTRL-C to kill the program.

Console output is:

Code: Select all

Couldn't find tag "WindowSettings" in file "/home/don/HELI-X/files/Application/ApplicationSettings.xml"
Couldn't find tag "InfoWindow" in file "/home/don/HELI-X/files/Application/ApplicationSettings.xml"
Couldn't find tag "ChatWindow" in file "/home/don/HELI-X/files/Application/ApplicationSettings.xml"
The contents of files/log.txt is:

Set new path for the resources: /home/don/HELI-X/resources/
Set new path for the user files: /home/don/HELI-X/files/
Using openGLLayer JOGL_AWT
Found 27 display modes
Failed to open device (/dev/input/event6): Failed to open device /dev/input/event6 (13)

Failed to open device (/dev/input/event5): Failed to open device /dev/input/event5 (13)

Failed to open device (/dev/input/event1): Failed to open device /dev/input/event1 (13)

Failed to open device (/dev/input/event3): Failed to open device /dev/input/event3 (13)

Failed to open device (/dev/input/event0): Failed to open device /dev/input/event0 (13)

Failed to open device (/dev/input/event2): Failed to open device /dev/input/event2 (13)

Linux plugin claims to have found 1 controllers
Controller found: Name: WAILLY PPM(WAILLY PPM)
Using Stick WAILLY PPM
Digital component found:Trigger
Digital component found:Thumb
Digital component found:Thumb 2
Digital component found:Top
Digital component found:Top 2
Digital component found:Pinkie
Digital component found:Base
Digital component found:Base 2
Digital component found:Base 3
Digital component found:Base 4
Digital component found:Base 5
Digital component found:Base 6
Analog component found:x 
Analog component found:y 
Analog component found:z 
Analog component found:rx
Analog component found:ry
Analog component found:rz
Digital component found:pov
Controller configuration file not found: /home/don/HELI-X/files/controller/WAILLYPPM.xml
SoundDriver could not initialized
Sound Driver could not be initialized. OpenAL is missing?
The values of LIBS and CP, at the time java starts, are

LIBS=:/home/don/HELI-X/libs//jogl/linux-amd64/:/home/don/HELI-X/libs//lwjgl/linux-amd64/:/home/don/HELI-X/libs//joal/linux-amd64/:/home/don/HELI-X/libs//gluegen/linux-amd64/:/home/don/HELI-X/libs//jinput/linux-amd64/
CP=:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/HeliX/HeliX.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/gluegen/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/jagatoo/jagatoo.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/javagamenetworking/jgn.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/jdom/jdom.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/joal/joal.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/jogl/jogl.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/lwjgl/lwjgl.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/jinput/jinput.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/math/openmali.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/xith/xith3d.jar:/home/don/HELI-X/libs/xith/hud-themes.jar
These look correct to me.

I get the same output whether I use the Sun JRE or the OpenJDK JRE.

Have I misconfigured the system in some way? Is there a known bug that would explain this behavior?
Michael

Re: Freeze on startup

Post by Michael »

Hi,

you have problems with your controller. As a consequence, there appears a dialog window which (only on some unix systems) is behind the splash screen. Look in your taskbar, move the doalog and click ok. Then HELI-X starts and can be used (withour controller though).

To solve ths conntroller issues, please change the permissions in the dev directory.

chmod 777 /dev/input/e*

might help.

Michael
doumakes

Re: Freeze on startup

Post by doumakes »

Michael wrote:you have problems with your controller. As a consequence, there appears a dialog window which (only on some unix systems) is behind the splash screen. Look in your taskbar, move the doalog and click ok. Then HELI-X starts and can be used (withour controller though).
There was indeed a dialog behind the splash screen, regarding the sound problem. Now I'm able to fly. Vielen dank!