FMS PIC controller under linux

Installation and usage on Linux / Installation unter Linux
polrus

FMS PIC controller under linux

Post by polrus »

Hello everyony.
Anybody able to use FMS PIC controller with Linux version of Helix?

Is any of the developers interested in introducing support for this kind of interface? I can share some code if You are willing to implement it
Michael

Re: FMS PIC controller under linux

Post by Michael »

Hi,

HELI-X requires an USB interface at the moment.

HELI-X uses the library jinput. Perhaps you can implement an wrapper ... ?

Michael
polrus

Post by polrus »

i have a usb / rs233 convertes so my PIC controller is connected via USB to my linux box but i guess there has to be a code to understand the data format that PIC transmitter uses.
Grant_Edwards

Post by Grant_Edwards »

polrus wrote:i have a usb / rs233 convertes so my PIC controller is connected via USB to my linux box but i guess there has to be a code to understand the data format that PIC transmitter uses.
If you're still interested in using an FMS PIC cable, I've made available a Linux driver that allows you to use one type of FMS PIC cable with Heli-X: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1024

I'd be happy to modify it to also recognize the other type of FMS PIC cable (the 19200 baud protocol) if somebody wanted to loan me one for a few days...
Grant_Edwards

Post by Grant_Edwards »

Michael wrote:HELI-X requires an USB interface at the moment.
Just to avoid future confusion, Heli-X (at least since 4.1) does not require a USB interface. It uses the normal Linux event/joystick device API, so anything that works with that (USB HID, serial-port, gameport, parallel port, PWM audio-card-input, etc.) will work with Heli-X on Linux.

The actual electrical interface between the computer and the joystic doesn't matter.