DX6 acting strange

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
Mathias A

DX6 acting strange

Post by Mathias A »

Hello,

So I a new to helis and want to try out sim for more or less the first time.

I tried installing Heli-X 7.0 but for some trange reason the software just crashes on startup, the cmd window opens and boots the main window, but as soon as it opens it closes back down again. I tried downloading the 4.2 version instead, and this one boots and looks ok so perhaps my graphics processor is not up for the job (woking on an old work laptop).

All seems good an i can bind to the sim via the spektrum wireless dongle. I can do the controller config with all sticks and switches working in the controller config area.

But when i load the airport and the heli (Logo600) and try to take off in normal mode it starts acting weird. the throttle spools up until it gets to center stick, then once i get above it cuts the throttle again. So once collective starts picking up the throttle dies. I can force the heli off the ground if i use idle up 1 and then punch the left stick to full collective - but even then the throttle dies once it goes above center stick.

I am using 5 channel mode and ignoring thrust/pitch curves and ignoring dual rates/expo.

I hope you are able to help.

/Mathias
Michael

Re: DX6 acting strange

Post by Michael »

Helli,

please do the calibration again and use 4-channel mode, which is the default.

Then turn on the sticks hud and see if the sticks go smoothly to their positions.

In addition, check the FPS in the title bar. Do you have 30 FPS or more?

Michael
Mathias A

Post by Mathias A »

Tried this now and in the controller config everything seems fine. But as soom as i start a Sim the Heli starts spooling up to idle even when the left stick is at 0 - see attached screenshot.

Moving the stick up until my left stick is at 40% - then it cuts the throttle..

My fps is constantly over200.

This is getting me really scratch my head..

/Mathias
Attachments
spooling while being at 0 throttle.jpg
spooling while being at 0 throttle.jpg (179.87 KiB) Viewed 11160 times
full left stick.jpg
full left stick.jpg (73.24 KiB) Viewed 11160 times
No left stick.jpg
No left stick.jpg (70.16 KiB) Viewed 11160 times
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hello,

is it clear to you, that the spinning of the rotor is INDEPENDENT of the stick position? The rpm are held constant as soon as idle up 1 or 2 are selected. You create the lift by pushing the left stick up ( by changing the angle of attack of the blades). When the left stick is at the bottom position, you give full throttle to the ground. It is usual to have the left stick in the middle when the heli is ont the ground.

Michael
Mathias A

Post by Mathias A »

I think I get what you are saying here. So basically Heli-x has no "normal" mode where throttle and pitch curves more or less follow each other? I think the reason why I am confused is that when my TX is in Normal flight mode the rotor spins at low stick, but only if the left stick is between 0 and 40%. If i hit the idle up1 basically nothing changes. The rotor speed is the same - which i would expect. But when I start applying the collective it feels like i get more and more lift but when the stick hits 40% the rotor starts powering down while the collective is still working.

Any ideas?
Michael

Post by Michael »

You can adjust this behavior in the flight curves (but maybe not working in the demo version). However, most (larger) model helicopter fly the way like the logo is implemented.

Michael
Helifangle

Post by Helifangle »

I'm also using the dongle and having throttle problems.
I'm using the same transmitter settings as I did on version 7. Works there
I did a controller configure in 8.
It seems to see all channels during the max and min bar graph screen.
It throws an error when leaving the screen.
Channel not found.
I have pitch and roll but no lift.

Is it possible to copy my version 7 controller file to version 8?
Thanks
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hello,

please try different input system (global settings) and make sure, also the throttle stick is in the middle when asked for.