HELI-X V6 on Win 10 and MS surface Pro4 (with solution)

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
lazlosns

HELI-X V6 on Win 10 and MS surface Pro4 (with solution)

Post by lazlosns »

I thought that I'd post this here since I was having problems getting HELI-X V6 to work on a MS surface Pro4 with Windows 10 (Intel HD520 graphics card with OpenGL 4.4). Thanks do the software support I was able to get it to work and thought that it might be of use to other people. There is also a similar thread over at the HF website.

I was able to get V4.2 to work OK, but I got the following dump to the console when I try to launch version 6.

C:\Program Files\HELI-X6>Java\jre8\bin\java.exe -Djava.library.path=. -Xms512m -classpath ./libs/HeliX/HeliX6.jar;./libs/HeliX/Translation.jar;./libs/HeliX/Media.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-core.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-plugins.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-terrain.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-desktop.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-blender.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-jogg.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-lwjgl.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-effects.jar;./libs/jme/eventbus.jar;./libs/jme/lwjgl.jar;./libs/jme/nifty.jar;./libs/jme/jME3-niftygui.jar;./libs/jme/xmlpull-xpp3.jar;./libs/jme/joal.jar;./libs/jme/jinput.jar;./libs/jdom/jdom.jar;./libs/javagamenetworking/jgn.jar;./libs/math/openmali.jar;./libs/jme/gluegen-rt.jar;./libs/jme/j-ogg-oggd.jar;./libs/jme/j-ogg-vorbisd.jar;./libs/jme/styles.zip;./libs/jme/nifty-default-controls.jar;./libs/jme/nifty-style-black.jar HELIX
Exception in thread "LWJGL Renderer Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\Users\whitehgr\.jme3\natives_3deee2fe\lwjgl.dll
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java :1825)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1083)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:70)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:95)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:112)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(Lwj glAbstractDisplay.java:206)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

At first I thought it was a Java issue, but updating that didn't work. I also confimed that OpenGL was working.
It turns out that it is a permissions problem (even though I was logged in as an admin). If HELI-X is installed to the default HELI-V6 directory everything works fine. This solution is practical, if not elegant (like changing directory permissions or the path).

I hope that this helps others and a big thanks to HELI-X support. :)