I made a 400 Quad and have Windows 7

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
Bioethical

I made a 400 Quad and have Windows 7

Post by Bioethical »

Hello, First of all, thank you for letting me in. ( I didn't even know how many blades had a t- Rex)
I want to download Heli x for my homemade quad which is "H" shaped with 350mm x 400mm dimensions. I have a computer with windows 7 and my electronics are: a flight controller HK pilot mega 27, a NEO GPS module, and a RC Spektrum Dx7s. Although I am a learning builder, can not fly and have crashed like four times with catastrophic results. Please help me to get a Heli - X link for my kind of quad-copter.
Also, any insight will be greatly appreciated.

A first of all, I need to know if my quad specifications and remote control are match for Heli - X .

Thank you,
Vic
JS1

Re: I made a 400 Quad and have Windows 7

Post by JS1 »

Hi Vic

What do you intend to accomplish with Heli-X?

For use with your radio best check here which possibility is best suited: http://www.heli-x.info/cms/controller/
While on the heli-X site you may also want to have a look at the manual and system requirements.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Bioethical

Post by Bioethical »

:oops: JS1, thank you much for your response.
My answer for your question about what I want to accomplish with Heli-X, seems to be sort of the same as anybody else. I want to learn to fly.
In California and the rest of USA, right now, is illegal to fly any unmanned vehicle, and it shall continue that way until they pass a law that permits one to fly a drone. So now, there is not more option than using a flying simulator, unless you want to go to do it out there, under risk of your quad to be shot at, taken by the police and pay a high fine. That being said, I don't know what to do with the link you provided since it is for Helicopters and I can not see any info related to Quad-copters.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Well I understand even in California it isn't strictly forbidden but unclear and at least limited to restrictions, e.g. to where you are flying, for what purpose etc. That may be altogether different again for FPV.

Anyway, regarding Heli-X it is a flight simulator for both helicopters AND multicopters as described and listed here (scroll down for models).
Since the software is simulating the bird and it's flight virtually, the real components or dimensions of your quad don't matter as much. If your question is if there is a modelled quad in Heli-X that will look and fly similar to yours: It has 2 H-shaped quads (H.250 and SRD-280) that may look similar but they are smaller and thus probably fly more agile. Then there are X shaped quads like the DJI F450, the Phantom ot the Stealth which are maybe a bit larger. Of course you can tweak the settings in the full version to match yours, but I suggest to use one of the available to train. Weight-wise one of them could be close enough anyway. You could start with a bigger heavier one in attitude mode and once you can fly the smal H.250 in manual mode you should do fine with yours in real life (if then the real settings are set correctly).

The links in the previous post should give an idea what cable you need to link your transmitter to the PC.Just try it out. The demo is free and fully functional, but limited to the Phantom quad and some helis only - and you can not change/save the flight settings afaik.
Bioethical

Post by Bioethical »

Again, I appreciate very much your valuable info. I downloaded the simulator and chose the phantom 450, but as soon as I clicked on it, it showed the picture and everything became frozen except for some instructions at the top of the screen that don't work. only a chopper makes a nice demo and that"s all. I wish I could do more but it seems that something is missing.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Bioethical wrote:I downloaded the simulator and chose the phantom 450, but as soon as I clicked on it, it showed the picture and everything became frozen except for some instructions at the top of the screen that don't work.
Dunno what you mean. Can you post a screenshot of that situation? Also can you paste the console readout? Maybe the developer can figure out what is wrong.