0 FPS at some scenes

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
DaRaiden

0 FPS at some scenes

Post by DaRaiden »

Heyho,

unfortunately at some scenes I get 0 frames per second, while others work as well as in Version 5. Dietersdorf, Attach and Heli Flying Field work well (100+ fps), while
e.g. the underground garage and "Bauernwaldweg" do not work at all. The only way to change the field then is by pressing the pause key to be able to use the menus.

Whats the difference with these scenes? It does not depend on the chosen model. ...In version 5 every scene works fine. But of course I want to taste the garage :P.

I don't think it is a performance issue of my computer. No one else any problem like this?
By the way, I have exactly the same problem running the sim on Linux. (And again version 5 works well...)

Greetings,

Steven
Michael

Re: 0 FPS at some scenes

Post by Michael »

Hello,

the resources the scenes need depend on

1. the resolution
2. the number of crash objects

The Scene3D airports need usually more resources.

Michael
DaRaiden

Post by DaRaiden »

I just figured out when no model is loaded there is no problem (but also no flying :D). So maybe the second point then - crash objects / collision detection. My CPU maybe kind of old.

My machine: Athlon64 X2 5400+ (2.8GHz dual core), 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6570 (2GB DDR3).

:( Bauernwaldweg isn't even a 3D scene. I just don't get it :/
clel

Post by clel »

How is 0 FPS looking? Is the screen completely black or do you see a very slow movement? I do not think that this is only caused by weak Hardware.