Hobbyking 6CH R/C Flight Simulator on Win7

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
Mgfiest

Hobbyking 6CH R/C Flight Simulator on Win7

Post by Mgfiest »

Hi.

OK.. I bought the HobbyKing 6CH R/C Flight Simulator as per the Support Page and I am trying to configure it to the software. Seeing I am new to the language of heli and want to make sure it is done right.

I bought the Mod 2 unit.... so when I go to the config menu I think I got it right.

Give maximal positive collective pitch and move the stick back to the center position ... I used the left control stick

give maximal cyclic roll to the right and move the stick back to the center position... I used the right control stick

give maximal cyclic pitch forward(nose down) and move the stick back... I used the right control stick

move the rudder stick to the maximal leeft value an d then back to the center position... I used the left control stick

button... do I need to go there

keyboard... do I need to go there

Also on the actual controller there are 3 other switches that I have no idea how or where to use them.

1. 6CH Gryo
2. Gear/Pitt (On/Off)
3. Mix

If they are used in the software how do I manage them.

I would like to make sure the demo works correctly, because I really would like to purchase this software

Thanks
JS1

Re: Hobbyking 6CH R/C Flight Simulator on Win7

Post by JS1 »

Mgfiest wrote:Give maximal positive collective pitch and move the stick back to the center position ... I used the left control stick
Correct.
Mgfiest wrote:give maximal cyclic roll to the right and move the stick back to the center position... I used the right control stick
Correct.
Mgfiest wrote:give maximal cyclic pitch forward(nose down) and move the stick back... I used the right control stick
Correct.
Mgfiest wrote:move the rudder stick to the maximal leeft value an d then back to the center position... I used the left control stick
Correct.
Mgfiest wrote:button... do I need to go there
keyboard... do I need to go there
You can use Tx switch or keyboard keys to assign functions (or both): You should at least define Idle Up 1 and 2 to turn on/off the motor. There are many other functions too that you can assign to keyboard buttons (e.g. zoom in/out, change heli textures and colors, toggle heli animations like gears of some scales, etc.)
Mgfiest wrote:Also on the actual controller there are 3 other switches that I have no idea how or where to use them.
1. 6CH Gryo
2. Gear/Pitt (On/Off)
3. Mix
If they are used in the software how do I manage them.
As far as I know they are just labeled that way to mimick a real transmitter but you can use them however you want - if you assign a switch in the configuration menu as described above for keyboard (use the other menu tab). E.g. for mix you could assign idle up, for gear the animation toggle for retractable gears etc.

Hope that helps.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

thanks now the funs begins... at least for the winter...lol
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

Back again for some more help....

I find the sensitivity on my left control stick lagging... i have to push it to the max position to lift the heli

and on the right control stick.... way to sensitive... i just have to touch it to the left or right and the heli just dives to a crash..

When I configured, all the trims were in the center position. I maybe missing something here but I assume the trims work on this.

I also went into Windows7 and calibrated the transmitter as per instructions on the Heli website.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

You need to run the calibration from within Heli-X - at least that's how I do it. Never used the Win7 calibration.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

I did that and I still too sensitive on right stick every time I use it the heli appears to speed up and then crash

I am trying to use the trek250 heli... I also get the TBE and do not know how to get out of it.

Just another observation.. most of these hellis are 6CH and I can tell you that this unit from Hobbyking is not a 6CH ... I can only get to use 4CH... could that be also the problem.
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

well I seem to have got it cured with the help of an individual on the helifreak website.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php ... ost6201455
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

Ok... I still am having issue with this HK 6ch controller... I noticed that most of you have other real radios using Heli-x and are able to manipulate all the paramaters with your radio... unfortuate for me... I am at the mercy of the software because my controller is a "dumb" controller and need to used the software to make it work.

My issue is with the throttle and ptich... they are so sensitive ... I have too much power with the throttle... I can not gentle lift the bird to a hover... it just takes off... if I try to hover and use the nick/roll to adjust... it appears to start to accelerate and I loose control of the bird.

I have adjusted the the pitched based on CaptJac suggestion to -2,0,3,5.8 and the throttle to be 0,25,80,80,80 and I get really nowhere... I have also change slow motion to be 75

I must be missing something
JS1

Post by JS1 »

If the default settings are way too sensitive (I mean not only too sensitive for your liking but really uncontrollable also for advanced pilots) I'd guess it is still a calibration issue. Do you have any chance to try another controller to see if it's a hardware issue?

IF stick travel is calibrated correctly, I'd say full throw would simply give power as per thrittle/pitch curve - not something way off. Make sure in calibration menu the bars show +/- 100% at full deflection and less before.

If that is correctly set, it could be the preference of pitch & throttle versus default. What RPM do you get at neutral stick before lift off? You could try to lower the Dualrate on the pitch and/or further reduce your throttle curve.

Hope any of that helps...
Mgfiest

Post by Mgfiest »

thanks for your advice... I have gone back to the window calibration as well as the s/w calibration... I have done all the things you have stated... but there has been no change in it's sensitivity.... I unfortunately do not have access to another controller to test if it's the problem child.

This has been a very frustrating experience... I will have to call my local hobby shop to see if they know anyone in the neighborhood that flys heli and see if I can get some kind of first hand experience advice.