Windows 7 64-bit black screen

Installation and usage on Windows / Installation unter Windows
woodflute

Windows 7 64-bit black screen

Post by woodflute »

Hello. I have been running Heli-x 4.2.1254 and am a registered (paying) customer.

I have downloaded the new version 5 but only get a black screen with no menus after completing controller setup. I can hear the helicopter motor.

My graphics card is an AMD 7950 with the latest driver Catalyst 13.12 installed.

Computer details if you need them: OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, CPU is Intel 3750K, 8 GB RAM, sound is X-Fi Elite Pro. Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

Please advise on any steps you would like me to try.

Thanks.
Michael

Re: Windows 7 64-bit black screen

Post by Michael »

Hello

do you get any messages in the console window?

Michael
woodflute

Post by woodflute »

The last two lines are

Controller configuration file found: C:/HELI-X5/files/controller/PPM.xml
Controller configuration file C:/HELI-X5/files/controller/PPM.xml read

Nothing else below that.

The program seems to think it's running: on the top of the black window I get this text in the window border:

HELI-X 5.0.1401 - Demo-Version - Dietersdorf - Logo 600 - FPS: 225
Michael

Post by Michael »

Maybe a update (or downgrade?) of the driver might help. You need openGL 2.0.

Michael
woodflute

Post by woodflute »

This driver has OpenGL 1.1 through 4.3 compliancy.

I have just tried Heli-X 5 on another system, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, AMD 6870 video card, same driver, same black screen with no menus.
woodflute

Post by woodflute »

Found a work-around: minimize the window with the black screen, then restore the window. Bingo--visible graphics.
Lightstrid

Post by Lightstrid »

I also experienced the black screen. I became a black screen After running the registration.
The cause is a resource file of Heli-X5. Download the file in the "Add a new airport". And Download the "Add" of all, if possible. Because additional data not included in the Heli-X5 that you downloaded.
In addition, Heli-X5 does not work in full-screen mode. It does not seem to work only in window mode as well as X4.
Michael

Post by Michael »

woodflute wrote:Found a work-around: minimize the window with the black screen, then restore the window. Bingo--visible graphics.
Thanks. Great info.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Lightstrid wrote:I also experienced the black screen. I became a black screen After running the registration.
The cause is a resource file of Heli-X5. Download the file in the "Add a new airport". And Download the "Add" of all, if possible. Because additional data not included in the Heli-X5 that you downloaded.
In addition, Heli-X5 does not work in full-screen mode. It does not seem to work only in window mode as well as X4.
After the activation just select the airport Dietersdorf again.

And yes, the other airports have to be downloaded then (Options->Look for new airports). It is the same with the helicopters.

Fullscreen: It is not supported at the moment. In a beta stage it works here but it is not pactical at the moments since many input dialogs are windowed.

Michael
frajag69

Post by frajag69 »

also bei mir läüft er auch im Vollbildmodus ..... kommt mir nur vor als würden die Werte die ich in den Sender eingebe nicht so angenommen werden wie im helix 4