Attachments
Virus Issue -WS.Reputation.1 found in setupHeli-X42.exe
Virus Issue -WS.Reputation.1 found in setupHeli-X42.exe
Rep1Ws.jpg (66.79 KiB) Viewed 7116 times
Apple mac mini M2 Pro: 16GB Java 11.0.21
ThomasC

Re: Virus Issue -WS.Reputation.1 found in setupHeli-X42.exe

Post by ThomasC »

Please upload the file to virustotal.com and see what plenty of virusscanners say. Some scanners report "malware" by detecting network access routines, and Heli-X needs those for:
- Teamspeak
- Group flight
- Software update

Possibly Symantec is not trustworthy in this. In the past it made quite a lot of PCs inoperable. I would not trust Symantec "security" products anymore.

In case virustotal.com actually confirms your file is infected, your PC may be infected and has infected your file while downloading. Try a clean PC and download the file again (e.g. using a Linux distribution that can be started from CD)

Have fun

ThomasC
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hello,

some virus scanner detect the openStream routine and say that HELI-X is malware. I tried to correct this e.g. with the avast support, but they do not care.

You could even use the linux version chich is only a zip file and run it from there without any installation.

Mihcael
EvryThingHeli

Post by EvryThingHeli »

I uploaded to VirusTotal already and it reported clean. I remember about a year ago finding this site and leaving due to that virus warning. Today I had all 3 of my anti viri programs block your install so it should be okay I guess :lol: After a year You wouldn't still be here. Thanks i'm off to try your sim.