Heli-X and controller Mode

Questions, in particular about the usage / Fragen vor allem zu Benutzung von HELI-X
Mehari

Heli-X and controller Mode

Post by Mehari »

Can someone tell me whether Heli-X is compatible with both Mode 1 and Mode 2 transmitters?

I have a Mode 1 Spektrum DX7 transmitter connected to an iMac running OS10.5.2 via a Dynam SimulatorLine USB cable. The transmitter appears to communicate with Heli-X okay but after the controller configuration process is complete the mix of pitch, roll and nick is not what would be expected for Mode 1. I cannot find a way to set up either the transmitter or the configuration process to achieve the correct combination of servo actions for Mode 1.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Michael

Re: Heli-X and controller Mode

Post by Michael »

Hello,

yes, HELI-X is compatible with any flying mode you can imagine. The problems you describe seem to come from mixers which are active in your controller. You should switch of any mixers, or use a normal plane program or something similar.

Michael
Mehari

Post by Mehari »

Michael

I had the swash mix set to '3 servos/120 degrees'. I tried the other three combinations and found that '1 servo norm' is the only one that works. After a couple of servo reversals to get proper control I am now flying.

Many thanks for your help. Congratulations on a great sim.
Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Hm... 120° should be suboptimal. The most authentic control should be at 90° swash, 3 servos. However, I have no idea what "1 servo norm" does...
Heli-X unter Mac OS X 10.5 auf einem 20" iMac
in echt: Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 + Gaui EP100