Having trouble configuring my controller on Heli-X 3.0

Questions, in particular about the usage / Fragen vor allem zu Benutzung von HELI-X
grossetti

Having trouble configuring my controller on Heli-X 3.0

Post by grossetti »

Hello everyone,

first off, this is the hardest forum to register to, the buttons were always disabled, I had to delete the cookies all the time, the captcha was impossible to enter correctly (even though I entered what was written), the registration is only in German, and when I choose English during the registration is messed everything up again. Finally with the help of Google, a web developer plugin for Firefox (to delete the cookies) and lots of patience, I was able to register, and then change the language. You should look into making it simpler...

second, here is my problem :

I am having some trouble configuring my controller (DX6i) on the Heli-X 3.0, I need to test it before I buy it.

First off, I tried the configuration dialog, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right:

The first screen says to center the sticks, ok, I do that.

Then the next says to move all sticks to their maximum and minimum positions, now does it mean move both sticks up and then down, or diagonally (top right then bottom left)? Also, do I keep the sticks in the minimum position (both of them) when I click on next or do I let go (but then the right stick would go back to the middle)?

Then it says to give maximal positive pitch and then move it back to the middle. If I am correct, that is the left stick up and then to the middle movement (I am still learning the terms).

Then it says to give maximum cyclic roll right and move it back to the center position. Again, if I understand correctly this is the right stick right then to the middle movement.

Then it says to move maximum cyclic pitch forward and then back (to the middle I imagine). Again, if I understand correctly this is the right stick up then to the middle movement.

Then it says to move the rudder stick to the maximal left value. Again, if I understand correctly this is the left stick left. But then do I move it back to the middle or keep it left when I press next?

Then it's finished, I get the following :

Collective pitch : comp_0, inverted
Cyclic Roll : comp_1, inverted
Cyclic Nick : comp_2
Rudder : comp_4, inverted

and the bars are all at about 50% (with both sticks in the middle)

The problem is that the collective pitch (left stick) is inverted incorrectly if compared to the real heli, I can just uncheck the inverted. When I make the heli go up, it goes up and flips over to the right. My real heli doesn't do that, I wonder if the controller config is wrong, when I move the collective pitch (left stick) up and down, it makes the other values move too, is that normal? And when the Collective pitch stick is all the way down, the cyclic roll is at 52 and the cyclic nick at -28, I would expect them to be at 0.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Gabriel
Michael

Re: Having trouble configuring my controller on Heli-X 3.0

Post by Michael »

Hi Gabriel,

it looks as if you have switched on a heli program on your transmitter. Choose a program for a usual plane, calibrate again and it should work then.

Michael
grossetti

Re: Having trouble configuring my controller on Heli-X 3.0

Post by grossetti »

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your response. Cool, that works! Did I miss that being written somewhere? Thanks for writing this program,
you don't know how hard it is to find a heli sim for linux! I will test it some more and if it's helping me I'll buy it at the end
of the month.

Gabriel