120° CCPM?

Questions, in particular about the usage / Fragen vor allem zu Benutzung von HELI-X
helinoob

120° CCPM?

Post by helinoob »

Hi,

I'm trying to get into the hobby, just learning the basics. I have a heli with a CCPM 120° swash plate, and the transmitter is set up accordingly. Can I use it in this configuration with Heli-X? I couldn't find anything in the menus. I have tried to just calibrate the sticks normally, but this doesn't work at all, the heli is uncontrollable. The controller does work when it's set to 90° swash plate mode, but I don't like to switch it back and forth all the time.

Thanks
Michael

Re: 120° CCPM?

Post by Michael »

Hello,

no, you have to use the 90° settings, although internally the swashplate is simulated in a 120° setting.

Michael
helinoob

Post by helinoob »

Thanks for the answer! Fortunately I have discovered that I have to use the 90 setting for the heli too, before I flew it for the first time ;) Apparently the mixing is done in the receiver. But wouldn't it be a useful option in the simulator?
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

helinoob wrote:Thanks for the answer! Fortunately I have discovered that I have to use the 90 setting for the heli too, before I flew it for the first time ;) Apparently the mixing is done in the receiver. But wouldn't it be a useful option in the simulator?
When you carefully have set up your 120° heli, you might have noticed some things that are quite difficult to simulate:
- servohorn selection and geometry balance
- servo subtrim
- servo travel
- depending on transmitter: ring limiter or servo limits

This applies to 120° CCPM adjustment and all depends on your mechanical setup. When you even change a servo, some parts of the setup probably have to be repeated, but at least have to be checked.

I don't think this is useful in a simulator. A simulator is meant for flight training, not for building your real models, as building can be trained in real life without danger as long as you know what you do (this is essential for building models :) )

Just my opinion...

Have success :)

ThomasC