SOLVED - New User: Flight Dynamics Problem

Questions, in particular about the usage / Fragen vor allem zu Benutzung von HELI-X
Sky Slicer

SOLVED - New User: Flight Dynamics Problem

Post by Sky Slicer »

Hello I am a new paid user of Heli-X. I have gotten my controller calibrated and set up so that it works as it should. I am using the Phantom with all three control axes (nick, roll, rudder) set for Expo 40% and Dual Rate 60%. I started using it, and it flies very nice inside the Sporthalle...Ahrensburg . However when I move outside to MFC-Tellingstedt it seems the quad will move smoothly away from the hover, starting to speed up, then it will suddenly increase its speed as though a blast of 100 kM/hr blast of wind hits it. The wind is off, and it does not matter what direction I move away from the hover anyway. It just shoots away very quickly. It does not do this inside the Sporthalle...Ahrensburg.

Why is this? Again I am a very new flier!
Last edited by Sky Slicer on 09 Jun 2014 23:37, edited 3 times in total.
WantToFlyaHeli

Re: New User: Flight Dynamics Problem

Post by WantToFlyaHeli »

German:
Ich hatte ein ähnliches Problem das ich damit löste, dass ich den File "Sideramp_Plane" in ein anderes Verzeichnis schob. Damit fiel zwar die Funktionalität des Crashobjektes weg, ich konnte aber den tollen Flugplatz sinnvoll nutzen
Hinweis: Ähnliches stellte ich auch bei St_Blasien hinter den Säulen am Dom fest. Auch hier beschleunigen die Helis. Es fällt eher auf je kleiner die Helis sind.
----------------------------------------

Hallo Sky Slicer
I have red your post and reminded me a similar proplem, which I could solve wit a work-around.
My problem:
when flying with small Helis, using MFC-Tellingstedt, my helis become very instable like you have described.
The speed imediately increased in the southern part of the airport.

My solution:
In folder with Heli-files e.g. X:\HELI-X5\HELI-X5\resources\environments\SkyBox\MFC-Tellingstedt I shifted the file "Sideramp_Plane" into another temporary folder, where I easily could restore it from if required. From this time on, I could manage the control of my small Helis :-)
Negative side-effect of this work-around: the crash objet at the side (in fact it are the bushes left-hand to the table near the post with the "air-hose") is not working any longer

Hope, this could help and solve the problem. Welcome to the flying circus!
Sky Slicer

Post by Sky Slicer »

Thank you! Only one half hour after you joined this forum you helped a new user out.

I compared this XML file to the other Xxx_Plane.xml files there, and see that it has an attribute of ShadowReceiver="true" in the <Triangle> elements. None of the other Xxx_Plane.xml files have this. I do not have time to try something now, removing just the attribute(s) and not the entire XML file, but will try later today and let you know.
Sky Slicer

Post by Sky Slicer »

SOLUTION Edit X:\HELI-X5\HELI-X5\resources\environments\SkyBox\MFC-Tellingstedt\Sideramp_Plane.xml and delete all instances of ShadowReceiver="true" then save the file. This fixes the instability when flying in that location.

I have no idea what this XML attribute does (some day I might learn how to make Airports) I just compared with others.

Thank you again new user WantToFlyHeli.
Michael

Re: SOLVED - New User: Flight Dynamics Problem

Post by Michael »

Strange, thanks!

Michael