Illumination direction bug report

Questions, in particular about the usage / Fragen vor allem zu Benutzung von HELI-X
norup

Illumination direction bug report

Post by norup »

Some helicopter bodies support directional illumination (AH-6, E-Maxx 500), while others don't (HELIX) and appear evenly illuminated from all directions. I hope the support is expanded to all models, but for those supported there is a problem:
The brightest illuminated side and specular reflections are found on the side where the shadow is cast, opposite the sun. This is most clearly seen on the AH-6.
Michael

Re: Illumination direction bug report

Post by Michael »

Hello,

yes you are right. The reason is, that in some airport description files the LightDirection is wrong. You can obtain it via the "Edit" botton.

<LightDir> x,y,z </LightDir>

The second number has to be negative. You can correct it by your own: In those airports where the second number is postive change the sign of ALL numbers determining the light direction.

Or, just download the updates of the airports at my download site. I have updated them in the meanwhile.

Thank you for your hint.

Michael
norup

Post by norup »

I just checked your update of Unterfladnitz and Dietersdorf with the AH-6, and that was a great improvement.
But there also seems to be a problem with certain helicopters. The Xynergy is now illuminated from the wrong direction.

Just to underline the importance if this visual effect, I am just back from our local R/C-field with a smashed Falcon 3D. As a black silhouette against a bright overcast sky, I could not see to which side it was banking. Wham! :oops:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Please update the Xynergy from the download section of http://www.heli-x.net. It should look better, now.

Michael
norup

Post by norup »

The Xynergy looks fine now, as well as the other models.
Thanks for the rapid fixes!
Michael

Post by Michael »

You are welcome.

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Michael