1734 Release Candidate

For your findings. Do not forget to mention your operating system
kilooli

Re: 1734 Release Candidate

Post by kilooli » 17 Jan 2018 15:24

Hello,

i've been testing the beta V7 since Sunday.

Nothing wrong for the moment.

Please can you tell me (us) what should require more attention (for example the new features of this version).

Thanks

Cyril

Michael

Post by Michael » 17 Jan 2018 19:56

These are the main changes:

Improved sound of the helicopters

Improved graphics of the rotos

Improved scenes concept

Tracks fpr Training and FPV race

Dual cameras and split views

Stick display improved

Timer

Video–Export with highest quality

Thanks!

Michael

skycyclepilot

Post by skycyclepilot » 21 Jan 2018 03:25

I haven't run into any problems, so here are my recommendations for new features and improvements...

I would like to be able to set an option so that the program starts up in full screen mode. I have a keyboard shortcut set to change to full screen mode after launch, but I do have to change it every time I relaunch the program.

If I change the starting position of the helicopter, I would like for the program to remember that starting point at next start up. As it is, every time I start hover practice, I have to move the helicopter away from me, and set the new position as the starting point before I can begin hover practice. The default starting position is too close to the pilot, for hover practice.

Those of us running UHD monitors - 3840 X 2160 - could use a larger font option.

I'd like to have a large, on screen countdown timer, that I can start, stop, and reset. I practice for fifteen minutes at a time, and have to use the timer on my transmitter - which I cannot easily look at while practicing.

Downloading and installing new airports takes several minutes per airport. It would be nice if this could be improved somehow.

When adding or switching helicopters or airports, it would be nice if those already installed were highlighted, both on the selection menu, and on the download menu. A website link for downloading all helicopters and airports would also be nice.

Many option boxes can only be closed by clicking "Close". It would be nice if selection boxes could be closed with the escape key.

The sound is improved, but it is still obvious that the sound is a short loop, playing over and over. It would be nice if the sound were more realistic, and seamless.

This program doesn't begin to tax even a mid-level graphics, even with all video options turned all the way up. It would be nice if the backgrounds were actually high quality 3d renderings - but that probably isn't possible using JAVA. Just a thought...

*** Please, don't be offended by my comments and suggestions. This program is the best $60 I, or any helicopter pilot, could ever spend. It's already an A+ program. There are just some minor conveniences I'd like to see introduced. ***

Michael

Post by Michael » 21 Jan 2018 08:11

Hello,

thank you for your suggestions. Some of thme are already available, the others are then on my list...

If I change the starting position of the helicopter, I would like for the program to remember that starting point at next start up. As it is, every time I start hover practice, I have to move the helicopter away from me, and set the new position as the starting point before I can begin hover practice. The default starting position is too close to the pilot, for hover practice.

You can chnage the start position of the helicopter in the condiguration file of each airport. If you do not want tp change the original airport files, you can create a scene which consists only of the link to the airport and a new start position

I'd like to have a large, on screen countdown timer, that I can start, stop, and reset. I practice for fifteen minutes at a time, and have to use the timer on my transmitter - which I cannot easily look at while practicing.

In V7 there is a new timer which only counts the real flying time, though.

This program doesn't begin to tax even a mid-level graphics, even with all video options turned all the way up. It would be nice if the backgrounds were actually high quality 3d renderings - but that probably isn't possible using JAVA. Just a thought...

The graphics can be tuned is good as your graphics adapter is able to do and how your settings are:
- In the global options turn on the anti aliasing features in the openGL options
- Choose airports wich are availble in the high resolution.

Thank you for your feedback

Michael

skycyclepilot

Post by skycyclepilot » 21 Jan 2018 11:28

Michael wrote:
21 Jan 2018 08:11

You can chnage the start position of the helicopter in the condiguration file of each airport. If you do not want tp change the original airport files, you can create a scene which consists only of the link to the airport and a new start position

The graphics can be tuned is good as your graphics adapter is able to do and how your settings are:
- In the global options turn on the anti aliasing features in the openGL options
- Choose airports wich are availble in the high resolution.

Thank you for your feedback

Michael
Hi Michael,

Changing the first coordinate in the starting position, in the airport setup from -5 to -10 works perfectly. Thanks.

I have the graphics set to 3840 X 2160, anti-aliasing set to 16X, and anisotropic filtering also set to 16X. I'm also using high resolution airports. Even with those settings, my graphics card is still barely having to work. There is definitely room for much more detailed 3d airports.

But, as I said before, even with no changes, this is a fantastic, money saving program. I just wanted to make some suggestions.

Thanks!!!