Let's discuss your findings here. Do not forget to mention your operating system
Michael

Postby Michael » 18 Jan 2015 22:44

Hello,

a new revision 1581 is ready with small changes compared to 1579:

1. In the demo version (not testable for you), helicopters and airports which are not available are shown with a light font.
2. The synchronisation between toggling of sound and the checkboc in the Sound cnfiguration window should work now.
3. Default values for StartPosition and LightDir in the environment files.

Thank you for your feedback.

Michael

lindjiguy

Re: 1581

Postby lindjiguy » 20 Jan 2015 00:50

I recently started playing with the v6 beta and find some of the features very impressive. As a new user though, I couldn't figure out a way to do the below. Forgive me in advance if I'm missing something and there is a way to enable this:
1) View Both Helicopter and FPV at the same time - With the 3D Airports, I was able to get FPV pilot view working. My only gripe with it is that I cannot figure out a way to have BOTH the FPV camera view and the helicopter view as if you were sitting there with a controller. I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ so having this feature would make it the most realistic. It would be nice if the FPV was in a small box at the bottom.
2) I couldn't find a place to toggle been feet and meters anywhere but I'd expect this to be an option in the global settings. While many parts of the world deal with meters, other parts of the world are much more comfortable dealing with feet. The "Show Status Line" is very helpful, however I just wish there was a way to view the Height and Rate of Ascend in feet instead of meters.

Side Note: Thank you for providing the pdf documentation. This is useful and maybe something you should include by default with the software zip instead of just a link. Especially Linux users like to read such documentation after unzipping.

howard

Postby howard » 20 Jan 2015 03:32

Hi Michael

They versions are getting better and better, The issue I am still having is the mouse pointer keeps appearing and disappearing all the time. I have not worked out a pattern to it yet but its moved from always been on to turning on and off on its own.

Howard

ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » 20 Jan 2015 08:50

howard wrote:Hi Michael

They versions are getting better and better, The issue I am still having is the mouse pointer keeps appearing and disappearing all the time. I have not worked out a pattern to it yet but its moved from always been on to turning on and off on its own.

This odd behaviour I also experience from time to time, but not restricted to Heli-X - happens on my whole system, especially when watching movies or TV. I suspect the Logitech driver causing this. I am not willing to update, as the newer Logitech drivers tend to lock up the system.

howard

Postby howard » 20 Jan 2015 17:05

When I am not running in full screen mode the mouse cursor is on all the time, it only sort of works in full screen mode.. I have tried to look for a pattern as I thought it might be tied to some of the screen saver energy setting on the Mac but it not.. I also thought the trackpad might be too sensitive and it was turning the cursor on so I have payed with that as well. I am also not sure about the Logitech drivers as far as know I don't have any on my macbook?.. so its back to you Michael :-))

Howard

ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » 20 Jan 2015 19:18

howard wrote:[...] macbook?..[...]

Okay, you didn't mention this. Currently my testing is restricted to Win7-64. There it works, and in case not, my mouse driver is usually the cause.

Have fun :)

ThomasC

Michael

Postby Michael » 20 Jan 2015 21:01

howard wrote:When I am not running in full screen mode the mouse cursor is on all the time, it only sort of works in full screen mode.. I have tried to look for a pattern as I thought it might be tied to some of the screen saver energy setting on the Mac but it not.. I also thought the trackpad might be too sensitive and it was turning the cursor on so I have payed with that as well. I am also not sure about the Logitech drivers as far as know I don't have any on my macbook?.. so its back to you Michael :-))

Howard

Hi,

do you know how to see the program's output in the console window?

The I can make you a custom version with debug output...

Michael

Postby Michael » 21 Jan 2015 07:54

lindjiguy wrote:1) View Both Helicopter and FPV at the same time - With the 3D Airports, I was able to get FPV pilot view working. My only gripe with it is that I cannot figure out a way to have BOTH the FPV camera view and the helicopter view as if you were sitting there with a controller. I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ so having this feature would make it the most realistic. It would be nice if the FPV was in a small box at the bottom.

This is currently not possible. It would require that you can see in both displays the scene. I put this on the wishlist for V7.
Cuurently you can do it so that you start HELI-X twice and make your own local online session. So you can get two views.
lindjiguy wrote:2) I couldn't find a place to toggle been feet and meters anywhere but I'd expect this to be an option in the global settings. While many parts of the world deal with meters, other parts of the world are much more comfortable dealing with feet. The "Show Status Line" is very helpful, however I just wish there was a way to view the Height and Rate of Ascend in feet instead of meters.

You can't it switch currently (->V7). However, the HUDs are in feet and feet/min

Michael

bas756

Postby bas756 » 21 Jan 2015 19:54

Tested 1579 and 1581:
- I did not use camera FPV flying, used it on a scene3D field, flexi modus work the best for me. Can not review rendering beacuse i have no reference.
- Detail window in FPV camera mod ...OK
-Syncronisation sound toggling ...OK
-Modifing startposition and light direction is nice and (very) usefull feature ...OK

Two observations, just as information:
- My antivirus program BitdefenderTotal Security is reason that sometimes during simuation my full screen flight window was minimized.
(mostly followed by a heli crash). When I pause the Anti-virus scanning during simuation everthing works OK on my system.
- Some other wrong observations in the past where occurring because unintentionaly i started Heli-X V6-beta two times.
(for example hearing heli sound after removing heli, ...)

Thanks, Patric
Sabertooth Z87, Intel i7-4770S 3.5GHz 16GB, Win 8.1 Pro 64bit, AMD Radeon HD5770 4GB, 3600x1920, 3 monitors 24" portrait, RX2SIM, Spektrum AR610-X - DX6i

howard

Postby howard » 23 Jan 2015 16:15

Apologies for the slow response I am travelling back to Australia from the USA

I am happy with Unix commands at the console but do not know the syntax for capturing a programs output.. I am happy to run it if you supply it.. I did mention the mouse in one of my previous posts and assumed you were fixing it which is why I did not raise it again..

Cheers

Howard

Return to “V6 Beta Testing”