Parameters don't affect flight characteristics

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
Oceanfrog

Parameters don't affect flight characteristics

Post by Oceanfrog »

Hi, I'm testing the demo of Heli-X to see if the existing model of a Phantom quadcopter can emulate the characteristics of a TBS Discovery.

I've adjusted parameters, but they don't seem to be having any effect on the flight characteristics.
As a test, I reduced MultiplicatorRotorLift to 0.2, increased Mass to 200, increased GroundEffectExponent to 50, then restarted Heli-X and the model still flies normally, which it shouldn't.

Path of file I'm editing: /Library/HELI-X5/resources/models/helicopter/Phantom/Phantom.xml

Thanks for your help.
JS1

Re: Parameters don't affect flight characteristics

Post by JS1 »

Hi

You can not edit parameters in the Demo.
In the full version however you may be very close to the TBS Disco already with the DJI F450 model (see attached preview). That is already very close to the TBS in terms of characteristics and looks - you can even change the arm color to black, white or yellow to match your real Discovery.

Regards
Attachments
f450preview.jpg
f450preview.jpg (88.71 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
Oceanfrog

Post by Oceanfrog »

I see, thanks for your answer. Just purchased it, can't wait to try!
Oceanfrog

Post by Oceanfrog »

Very happy with the sim so far, although after increasing mass to 1.8kg I'm having trouble increasing the power to normal levels.

I've toyed around with increasing PitchAngleMinMax and/or MultiplicatorRotorLift, and although it increases power, it causes this strange side effect:
When pulling the throttle to idle and falling for >3 seconds, and then increasing throttle to max, the motors don't react and continue idling, and the model falls all the way to the ground.

What are the right parameters to tune to emulate stronger motors?

Thanks for your help.