Get

Wrong behavior of Phantom

Post by Get »

Hi all!

I have some troubles.
Now i am using:
- Licensed copy of Heli-X on Mac OS
- SM600 RC sim unit: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/6ch-rc-helic ... andle.html

1) When taking off, phantom starts rotating and i have no idea how i can fix it.
2) Notwithstanding that i have chosen FPV (view from camera) in parameters nothing happens, i still see only ground view.

Thank you in advance for support.
ThomasC

Re: Wrong behavior of Phantom

Post by ThomasC »

"starts rotating" sounds like your "tail" channel is not calibrated properly. Please check and recalibrate when necessary.

FPV only works in artificial 3D-scenarios - the photographic sceneries are tied to a static point of view.

Have fun ;)

ThomasC
quape

Post by quape »

Actually, I have found out that the Phantom is not too realistic when you let go the joystick handle after moving in one direction. In reality, it returns to a horizontal position and holds this. In Heli-X it is unstable like a heli and just flies away. Can I tweak some settings to change that to make it more stable?

Greetings
Matthias
JS1

Post by JS1 »

It does not simulate GPS supported ATTI mode to hold position (for which sim training isn't really needed anyway :) ). Only self-leveling function like normal ATTI (IdleUp1) and Manual mode (IdleUp2).
Also in reality while in normal ATTI the quad would continue to drift. In Manual mode comparable to a heli it would also not return to horizontal position but keep it's current orientation when releasing the sticks.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
quape

Post by quape »

Are you sure it's the GPS? I would say it's the acceleration sensor which leads to a compensation movement to roughly get rid of the drift after a handle was released. This could easily implemented into Heli-X. The GPS is too slow and inaccurate for this quick job but is used afterwards to help holding position.