3-axis simulation possible?

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
StarLog

3-axis simulation possible?

Post by StarLog »

I seem to have a hard time hovering, but in real life I have no problem.

Is there a plugin that allows for the 3-axis gyro? to stabilize hover.?

Ich habe eine harte Zeit schweben scheinen, aber im wirklichen Leben habe ich kein Problem.

Gibt es eine Plugin, die für die 3-Achsen-Gyro erlaubt? zur Stabilisierung der Hover.?
JS1

Re: 3-axis simulation possible?

Post by JS1 »

I try an answer...
StarLog wrote:I seem to have a hard time hovering, but in real life I have no problem.
Maybe in real life your heli has lower RPM, is heavier, bigger or has an otherwise different setup.
In HELI-X try a bigger size heli and use the lower speed idle up. Also you may want to check/adjust the curves to match your real settings. Just try different models and settings to find one suiting you best. If it's more a visual issue with the very small helis, try to zoom in to see the heli bigger (there are plenty of other visual settings).
StarLog wrote:Is there a plugin that allows for the 3-axis gyro? to stabilize hover.?
There is no plug-in needed. Majority of helis in HELI-X already use a flybarless stabilization system already. They are indicated in the desription by flybarless, FBL, VStabi or similar - but easiest to see if the heli has no flybar :-). Probably the most commonly used (also in the demo) is the Logo 600. However, personally I find flybar helis easier to hover and think there I can feel better the weight/inertia of the heli. That's personal preference though.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
StarLog

Post by StarLog »

JS1

Thanks, I will try, I set wind enabled, and zero for the wind speeds.

Still when I get the heli up about 3 meters, it starts to drift left.. I make a correction, via trim, and it still eventually slowly drifts left.

This gives me more control practice.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

StarLog wrote: Still when I get the heli up about 3 meters, it starts to drift left.. I make a correction, via trim, and it still eventually slowly drifts left.
That is correct. The drift is because of the tail rotor push. Think this is even explained in a video on the heli-x website and somehow remember it was even discussed before in this forum somewhere.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.