Flight modes

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
Grafen

Flight modes

Post by Grafen »

I'm new and I'm confused. I'm using a Spektrum DX8. Question: does Heli-x use my DX8 flight modes and curves? If it does, how do I get it to ignore the curve settings in the program's configuration?

Thanks / Danke
laserman

Re: Flight modes

Post by laserman »

AFAIK it ignores the THRO channel but uses the Nick, Roll, Yaw and (collective)Pitch channel.
So, if you have a non-linear pitch curve you'll see the result in Heli-X.

there is a beta-testing going on where Heli-X uses all the curves & mixes(e.g. 120° swash mix) of the Transmitter
as a new additional option.
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

The new version 4.2 will have the options you request - you will be able to use five channels, and you will be able to disable any curves in the software (separate options) so you can choose to use your transmitter curves if you want.

There will bei NO option to use swashplate mixing, though. You still will have to set your transmitter to 90 degrees / one servo mixing (no mixing). This applies to any simulator currently on the market, at least to my knowledge.

Wait for the 4.2. I hope Michael will release it to the public soon, the current beta runs really fine!
Michael

Post by Michael »

... Version 4.2 is already released ...

Michael
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

@Michael: thanx for the information, didn't know that.

@Grafen: in case you still have problems setting Heli-X to five channels: configuration -> controller is the place you're looking for. Be careful: in order to calibrate all five channels you will have to set your transmitter to special settings, i.e. by using a free model memory: pitch and throttle (and all other channels) should go from 0 to 100. This is only needed for calibration in Heli-X, after that you can switch back to your preferred model settings, i.e. with flat throttle curve, active D/R, active Expo and so on (but no swashplate mixing, as this won't work!!). To assign pitch and throttle to the correct functions, you might use your Throttle Hold switch so you can see which channel is throttle and which is pitch. Feel free to ask if problems persist.

Regards

ThomasC
Grafen

Post by Grafen »

Thanks everyone. I changed my swashplate to a single servo and I'm flying with my DX8. After I gain some confidence I'll try some of your other suggestions. Danke!
bustapitt

Post by bustapitt »

hello.

im having trouble getting hold to work in heliX(i use dx8).
it seems to affect pitch and throttle when i switch the hold on. im sure its a simple thing but i just dont seem to get it even after reading the tips and doing the setup on this topic.

thank you
-pete
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

I do not own a DX8, but remember: AuRo is a flight mode and has it's own curves (in case Throttle: a constant value). Possibly there lies your problem...