raptor 50 tail kick

Tips for the tuning of the helicopters / Tipps für die Einstellung der Helis
machine

raptor 50 tail kick

Post by machine »

hey guys

the raptor 50 model in 4.1 and 3.0 has a small tail kick issue, my real raptor 50 with a 401 gyro dosent kick and is rock solid, what in the .xml file do i need to modify to take out this kick. i looked at the file last night but wasent 100% sure what to alter, i was using the TDR settings for reference but dont want to disturb any of the the other traits of the raptor 50 model because outside of the little tail kick the model is spot on.

thanks
Machine
Michael

Re: raptor 50 tail kick

Post by Michael »

Hello,

I am not sure what "kick" means in this context. If you want the tail to be more accurate and "stiff", then you coul try to increase the Heading hold parameter in the flight mode configuration (inside HELI-X)

Michael
machine

Post by machine »

i tried turning up the gain, but the model still behaves like it has a futaba 240 gyro on it. i was wondering if i could modify the .xml file to make the tail completely stable like my raptor.

love this simulator, thanks for the reply
Machine
Michael

Post by Michael »

When the increase of the gyro gain (HH) does not help (note that there are different settings for the different flight modes) then the tail rotor does not provide sufficient thrust. The you can increase the size of the tail rotor or the maximun and minumum pitch angle of the tail rotor.

Michael