How do I make copies of models

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
dmulligan

How do I make copies of models

Post by dmulligan »

I've modified the TRex 450 to my liking. (almost. more on that later.) and I would now like to compare flying it to the default one. How can I make a copy of the modified trex and still be able to fly the original? I wish I could have saved it as a different helicopter so I had both from the beginning too.

The only thing that makes the model I've adjusted different from my own 450 is that I am flying with fluorescent orange flybar paddles and tail blades. They make very visible orange disks when flying to make the heli easier to see. Is there any way that Heli-X can replicate this?

Thanks,
David
Michael

Re: How do I make copies of models

Post by Michael »

Hi David,
dmulligan wrote:I've modified the TRex 450 to my liking. (almost. more on that later.) and I would now like to compare flying it to the default one. How can I make a copy of the modified trex and still be able to fly the original? I wish I could have saved it as a different helicopter so I had both from the beginning too.
You can have both version together, if you give one of them a different name. For this, you should give the sirectory the new name, say "myTREX", and in this directory, rename the .xml, the .wav and the .obj file to the new name myTREX.

You can download the original models from our doenload page: http://www.heli-x.info/models_e.php?start=0
dmulligan wrote: The only thing that makes the model I've adjusted different from my own 450 is that I am flying with fluorescent orange flybar paddles and tail blades. They make very visible orange disks when flying to make the heli easier to see. Is there any way that Heli-X can replicate this?
I am not sure how the result should look like. Perhaps take a look a the night helis. Does this go in the correct direction?

Michael