4.2 modles in 5

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
machine

4.2 modles in 5

Post by machine »

hey guys i need a little direction, there are no Thunder Tiger modles in v5 so i copied the modded one i use in v4.2 every thing is good except when the main and tail rotors spool up they dissappear, kinda fun flying it that way but id like to fix it. i wouldnt say i was good at java or programming so any help is greatly apprecieated.

thanks
Machine
JS1

Re: 4.2 modles in 5

Post by JS1 »

Hi

That's right, not all of the old models were migrated to version 5. Instead a lot of new models have been added.
Migrating models unfortunately is not just copy-paste. For example, v5 heli folders should not contain sub-folders anymore, therefore all texture paths in the rotor .mtl files must be adjusted. Also some 4.2 models use an older display function for dynamic rotors. I'm not an experts for spinning rotors simulation though. Pretty sure there are also other differences in v4.2 and v5 models.

Which specific model do you have in mind? Maybe a broader demand for it would justify migration efforts... Or would you prefer a newer TT model instead?

Cheers
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
machine

Re: 4.2 modles in 5

Post by machine »

i did get rid of the sub folders and modify (what i thought) was correct in the object file, i changed the file name of the modified canopy (that looks like my heli) and got it to work, the rotor blades spool up like normal but just vanish when up to speed, heli flies fine, sound is fine, smoke, just no rotor blades. All of this aside some Thunder Tiger models would be awesome, i vote for an X50 nitro with a flybar :D