Best substitute for Trex 450L Dominator 6S?

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
jbarnhardt

Best substitute for Trex 450L Dominator 6S?

Post by jbarnhardt »

Hi folks. I just purchased Heli-X and it's been fantastic so far. I've ordered an Align Trex 450L Dominator 6S, which is not currently in the list of available models. I was kind of surprised to find there wasn't a Trex 450 FBL model of any sort. Any recommendations for which model that is available would have the most similar performance? Trex 500FBL? Thanks for any suggestions.

-John
JS1

Re: Best substitute for Trex 450L Dominator 6S?

Post by JS1 »

I don't have the Dominator, so can just state the obvious. Most similar in Heli-X for size are the TRex 450, Mini Protos and Warp360 (V5). Since the current 3S Trex and Protos can not compare in terms of power to a 6S Dominator, I'd go for the Warp or the TRex 500, both FBL too. If these still feel too weak, V5 will also offer a Goblin 500 or similar to try.
However, for any of these models even in V4.2 you may be better off adjusting your flight modes and model parameters to match your real TRex. It then may look a bit different, but should fly much closer to it. Maybe in future also a dedicated model for the 450L will be added.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.