Trex 500 configuration

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
legallou

Trex 500 configuration

Post by legallou »

I notice the Trex500 in Héli-X is more nervious and less stable than the Trex450. Bigger is usually more stable and many forums say 500 is close to 600 stability. Does, that mean that the 500 configuration in Héli-X is an 3D configuration ? If this is right, how to set-up a quiet 500 configuration to start flying with it ?
JS1

Re: Trex 500 configuration

Post by JS1 »

If you mean the TRex 500 is harder to control, faster and more agile, personally I agree. It also does have quite a bit more power too. On the other side the 450 may be less agile, not as quick and slower, therefore easier to control. It also has a bit more it's "own will" and may not be as precise as the 500. The size difference isn't that huge either.

The main difference I think is because of the 500 is stabilized FBL while the 450 uses the mechanical flybar "paddle" system. Guess that is what you noticed. As a beginner myself I can tell you that bigger IS more stable - usually :D. Wait for the Warp360 in v5 to see a high-powered 450size FBL! THAT is a nervous little bit**! :shock: :mrgreen: Or fly the TRex600 paddle in comparison...

Try to lower the flight curves on the 500 or add some expo to "tame" it's power and fly it in the lower RPM idle-up first.

Just my assumptions, flying both sizes quite often for training.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
legallou

Re: Trex 500 configuration

Post by legallou »

Thank you for your answer. To be more precise, I was using the Heli-x Trex500 flybar "paddle" system. Since my post I try the Héli-X Trex500 flybarless. And I found the flybarless really more easy to fly.

As I baught a Trex500 paddle, that I will mount this winter, I still ask « Does the Trex500 paddle in Heli-X is well representing the real one ».