Coaxial helicopter, Heli-x vs RealFlight

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
wylliam

Coaxial helicopter, Heli-x vs RealFlight

Post by wylliam »

Hi!
I am a beginner and thought of using Heli-x to train a little before I buy a coaxial helicopter and start flying at home (indoors). So I downloaded the DF5 and tried to fly it with Heli-x 0.9. To my surprise it was really hard (please don't laugh!) to control. I have tried another coaxial helicopter on RealFlight and there I could just fly around and land exactly where I wanted. But with the DF5 on Heli-x I had difficulties just to hoover!
So now I wonder, what is closest to reality?
If the DF5 happens to be "worse", is there a better model for coaxial on newer versions of Heli-x? (The utilities in 4.1 seem really cool but I want to buy something I manage to use :oops: )
Thanks in advance!
Wylliam
Michael

Re: Coaxial helicopter, Heli-x vs RealFlight

Post by Michael »

Sorry, in V0.9 there is no coaxial physics included. It is available only in v4.

Michael
wylliam

Post by wylliam »

Thanks Michael!
Does it mean that the coaxial helicopter will be more realistic and more like in RealFlight in version 4.1?
I actually tried the demo version with the quadricopter and it really is nice, the training are a lot of fun!
Wylliam
Grant_Edwards

Post by Grant_Edwards »

Michael wrote:Sorry, in V0.9 there is no coaxial physics included. It is available only in v4.
I've found the documentation on the web site that says coaxial physics were introduced in 4.0, but I can't find where it says that there are any coaxial models.

Are any coaxial models included in 4.1?
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi,

in 0.9 there is no coaxial phyiscs, in version 4 and above, there are. Currently there is one coaxial heli available.

Michael
gruzalski

Post by gruzalski »

Michael,

Where would I find the model of a coaxial heli? What is its name?

Thank you.

Greg
Michael

Post by Michael »

Walkera DF 5-4

It should be in the selection list.

Michael