Ideas from a newbe

Your suggestion for the next versions / Deine Vorschläge für neue Versionen
JPSholland

Ideas from a newbe

Post by JPSholland »

I have some suggestions for Heli-X 4.0.

Terrain rougnes.
In the field, the terrain is to smooth. Helicopter can be turned easely with use of the tailrotor when standing in grass. In real this is not possible.

Sticky terrain.
I always fly from grass and sometimes the helicopter cling slightly to the grass. One time more as the other. Short grass less and long grass some more. Nevertheless, it's important to be prepared for such behaviour. I have seen people crashing becouse one skid cing to the grass. Especially with smaller size helicopters. I've seen this mainly by landing, but also by take off. Skidding sideways for more as an inch in real is nearly impossible.

Changing light conditions.
Over the day the light changes. When clouds are passing by the light get much darker in a short time. For those who fly military scale models, this can be an important issue to praktice on a sim. In real flight grey-blue navy helicopters can become momentary inviseble when the light darkens fast becouse of a cloud.

To large collision boxes.
I notiched some helicopter has a verry large collision box around them. They crash when less then 20 cm between them. Collision boxes must be made as small as posible to the visible body and rotordisks.
JPS Helicopters Holland
Schlüter RC Helicopters
Michael

Re: Ideas from a newbe

Post by Michael »

JPSholland wrote: Terrain rougnes.
In the field, the terrain is to smooth. Helicopter can be turned easely with use of the tailrotor when standing in grass. In real this is not possible. .
This is already possible. See e.g. the xml file of Dietersdorf.

Thanks for the other ideas.
Michael