Zero location 3D-depth perception

Your suggestion for the next versions / Deine Vorschläge für neue Versionen
core

Zero location 3D-depth perception

Post by core »

Normally when flying and I look down I can see my hands and feet, but in this and other sims there is no perception of your own body, unless the heli slaps you in your invisible face, and you get a restart.
I would think adding your "own" legs, watching them getting hit by the blades would be useful.
By zooming in and out it is hard to understand the real distance scaling, some indicator would be helpful.
In popping those balloons it is very hard to perceive if the heli is in front of, or behind a balloon, specially the closest one. Looking at the shadow on the ground helps some, but takes focus away from the heli.
It could be useful to have a map with a checkerboard ground like Blender, maybe just an overlay.
The heli skins are nice and decorative at close range, but far off where you only have a very limited number of pixels, a simpler skin would be better that has strong polarization values. (Like the BO-105 "Uli"). Being able to easily customize the skins would be nice, like some paint by numbers file.
JS1

Re: Zero location 3D-depth perception

Post by JS1 »

core wrote:It could be useful to have a map with a checkerboard ground like Blender, maybe just an overlay.
You can already turn on such an overlay grid. Just assign a key to the toggle Matrix function using the config menu.
core wrote:Being able to easily customize the skins would be nice, like some paint by numbers file.
Almost as easy: Just take an existing texture image, repaint it as you like and save under a new name. Adding it as <texture> in the XML then lets you easily swith between all textures including the new one.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.