Just some ideas

Your suggestion for the next versions / Deine Vorschläge für neue Versionen
ArchmageAU

Just some ideas

Post by ArchmageAU »

Just some requests for updated versions of Heli-X.

I use hover training quite a bit (see Helifreak learning thread - http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=493289). Could you make the centre of the hover circle configurable within the environment (distance X, Y, Z from original location)? Quite often you are standing in the circle.

In TX mode (5 channels), could you add a 6th for tail gyro gain? At differnent revs, or manouvers, having a switchable tail gyro gains would be helpful.

Can there be a UI configurable model override to adjust pitch, roll, yaw and tail-gain sensitivities independent from the TX inputs? This way an existing model could be fine-tuned to match real world performance without XML editing of the model defaults.

In 3D environments, can you add keyboard controls (or config options) to move the static pilot (non FPV) position?

In non-3D environments, cay you add keyboard controls to chnage the static pilot view height?

These ideas are for your consideration. Hopefully some of these should be very simple to implement.

ArchmageAU
Michael

Re: Just some ideas

Post by Michael »

Hello and thank you for your suggestions. I comment directly:
ArchmageAU wrote: I use hover training quite a bit (see Helifreak learning thread - http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=493289). Could you make the centre of the hover circle configurable within the environment (distance X, Y, Z from original location)? Quite often you are standing in the circle.
The position of the pilot is the center of the world (x=0, z=0) and the center of the circle is the usual start position of the helicopter. You can change the heli start position in the xml file of the airport.
ArchmageAU wrote: In TX mode (5 channels), could you add a 6th for tail gyro gain? At differnent revs, or manouvers, having a switchable tail gyro gains would be helpful.
Thanks, maybe I change this. currently you can define different Gyro settings in the flight modes.
ArchmageAU wrote: Can there be a UI configurable model override to adjust pitch, roll, yaw and tail-gain sensitivities independent from the TX inputs? This way an existing model could be fine-tuned to match real world performance without XML editing of the model defaults.
Do you know the flight modes settings? You can change the settings there. If you press ok/Safe, the flight mode settings are saved at the helicopter's parameter file.
ArchmageAU wrote: In 3D environments, can you add keyboard controls (or config options) to move the static pilot (non FPV) position?
You can already do that: Press Shift and the arrow up button. Then you start walking. Stop walking by pressing Shift and arrow down. You might want to choose "freeze view" so that the direction of the walk can be defined by the arrow keys (without shift).
ArchmageAU wrote: In non-3D environments, cay you add keyboard controls to chnage the static pilot view height?
This is not advisible: The pilot's eyes should have the height of the camera lense when the photographs are taken.

Thank you for your comments.

Michael
ArchmageAU

Re: Just some ideas

Post by ArchmageAU »

Thank you for the response.
Michael wrote: The position of the pilot is the center of the world (x=0, z=0) and the center of the circle is the usual start position of the helicopter. You can change the heli start position in the xml file of the airport.
I found where I could change this in editing the Airport. Thank you. Had to switch to another airport, then back to edited one to see change.
Michael wrote: Thanks, maybe I change this. currently you can define different Gyro settings in the flight modes.
But using 5 channel mode, I do not change flight mode, i use switches on my TX. I also use the DR and expo setting from the TX (as well as the throttle and collective).
Michael wrote: Do you know the flight modes settings? You can change the settings there. If you press ok/Safe, the flight mode settings are saved at the helicopter's parameter file.
I found where I can edit the model settings through the program. This does the job well. Thank you. "Flight mode" settings are largely overridden by my TX.
Michael wrote: You can already do that: Press Shift and the arrow up button. Then you start walking. Stop walking by pressing Shift and arrow down. You might want to choose "freeze view" so that the direction of the walk can be defined by the arrow keys (without shift).
Thank you, this solves the issue. Would it make sense in a future version have the capability to toggle "walk" mode (keyboard or switch), then use the sticks to "walk" the pilot view? (elevator, aileron for direction, rudder for turn, collective for height).
Michael wrote:
ArchmageAU wrote: In non-3D environments, cay you add keyboard controls to chnage the static pilot view height?
This is not advisible: The pilot's eyes should have the height of the camera lense when the photographs are taken.
Makes sense.

Thank you again for your response. Hope a gyro channel recognition is added in a future release. (and maybe an update to Scene3D pilot movement).