Transmitter Mixing

Your suggestion for the next versions / Deine Vorschläge für neue Versionen
dfruehwald

Transmitter Mixing

Post by dfruehwald »

I'd like to see a Flight Model added that maps TX channels directly to Heli inputs without pitch curves, throttle curves, expo, etc.

This would allow us to use the TX programming and enable flight mode switching, throttle hold, etc via the TX switches.
Michael

Re: Transmitter Mixing

Post by Michael »

... yes, the problem is the calibration. Then the user havte to be very used to program their transmitter ...

Michael
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

@dfruehwald: to try this, check out the freeware HeliSimRC, which allows this. As Michael already stated, it's not easy to calibrate that way, but it's possible. I personally prefer to use a simple 4-channel USB simulator transmitter to protect the potentiometers in my real transmitter from wearing out too quick. That way I have no need for 5-channel support in Heli-X
dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

I realize it would require the TX to be setup similar to like it would be for an actual Heli. That is why I suggest it only as an option for advanced users. I tried the Dynam USB controller and it was terrible. The feel and resolution were nothing like the real world.
ThomasC

Post by ThomasC »

The problem is: to calibrate 5 channels (or more), you must configure your transmitter to special calibration settings which cannot be used for flight. The reason is that you only have four control directions, making it difficult to calibrate more than four channels. Heli-X autodetects the channels, but with five channels this wouldn't work anymore - you create more problems than you solve that way. Try it in HeliSimRC, where you can use the throttle channel of your transmitter if you want, and you'll surely find out what I mean.

A really good USB controller is the E-Sky EK2-0905A which I use in Heli-X. It has only four channels, but is cheap and reliable. The indexing of the throttle can be removed using a nail file, and the springs can be adjusted to reduced tension - that way you get a really good simulator feeling.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi,

I am curretly working on this solution:
Controller setting
Controller setting
controller.jpg (115.74 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
When the user wants to use 5 channels, the flight curves have then to be set to neutral. Seems to work pretty well.

Michael
Michael

Post by Michael »