New user needs help. I can't get the sim to work

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
slingkey

New user needs help. I can't get the sim to work

Post by slingkey »

Hello forum. I am new to this site and found this simulator on rcgroups.com. I am trying to get version 2.0 to run on my mac mini with os version 10.4.11, 1.66 GHz core duo w/ 1 gb 667 MHz ddr2 sdram. I am trying to use an esky 4 channel Tx (0404) with the esky usb adaptor. When the program starts, it asks to configure the controller. The sliders move when I move the sticks, so I'm assuming the controller is recognized. I have no idea what the "buttons" prompt is for. I have assigned the "idle up 1" to several different keyboard keys, with no success. Sometimes a helicopter shows, sometimes it does not.

I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Forgive me, but i speak no German whatsoever.
Michael

Re: New user needs help. I can't get the sim to work

Post by Michael »

Hello,

you are on the right way. There are two flight modes called idle up1 and idle up2 with different rotor speeds. In order to get HELI-X working, you should assign e.g. the key "1" to idle up 1 and the key "2" to idle up 2.

After that, you can press "1" and the rotor should start to rotate. Press the button again and the rotor stops.

Michael
slingkey

Post by slingkey »

Unfortunately, it still does not work. After I assign the keys, do I close all the windows that were used for configuration? After I assign the "idle up 1" button, I cannot get a helicopter to show up. When I choose a helicopter, nothing happens. I can click on the "training" prompt, and select hover training. A helicopter drops down, but I cannot get the engine to idle up. Nothing works. I cannot even get a helicopter to show up after configuration? Thanks for your help Michael.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi,

that's a little strange. On the on hand, there is no helicopter showing up, on the other hand side, when the training starts, you can see one....
Please:
1. What is the exact version number: (Title bar): 2.0.???
2. How many FPS are displayed in the title bar? FPS: ???
3. Please copy the output of the console (after you run into the problems)

Thanks.

Michael
slingkey

Post by slingkey »

The fps number changes every time I go back to look at it. When I hit "f9" to change windows and come over here to post after looking at the heli-x window, the fps number was 48. Now 45. Now 53. Now 49. It constantly changes. I did get a helicopter to show up on this particuliar time, but the helicopter did not "drop down" with the blades spinning from the top. It just appeared.

The version is 2.0.968
slingkey

Post by slingkey »

I cannot get anything to highlight so I can copy it?
Michael

Post by Michael »

So everything loooks ok so far.

Did you assign the key "1" to idel up1? To convince me, you could copy the key assignment window.....

Then, when the helicopter stands on the bottom (forget the training for the moment), press "1". Be sure that the window has the focus, so click into the HELI-X window before.

Michael
slingkey

Post by slingkey »

How am I suppose to copy the window? Nothing comes up when I right click on it, and the heli-x window is up so I can't go to the bar and hit copy. Here is what the window says:

Function Key
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idle Up 1 (start the engine) F1
Idle Up 2 F2
Autorotation F3
Pause
Resume
Toggle pause and resume
Reload helicopter
Reset scene (and delete boxes etc.)
Zoom in
Zoom out
Freeze and unfreeze view
View to the other helicopters
Take screenshot
Play/stop video
Record/stop video
Use current position as start position
Simulate crash of tail rotor
Show sticks
Hide sticks
Toggle stick display
Enlarge stick display
Shrink stick display
Show stall meter
Hide stall meter
Toggle stall meter display

etc, etc until the bottom, then it says

Instant Zoom In F11
Instant Zoom Out F12

Then "ok" and "cancel" at the bottom of the window.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Try to use "1" instead of "F1" or other usual keys....

Michael
slingkey

Post by slingkey »

I deleted everything I could find and downloaded again. The windows look different this time. There is more information on them?? Like when it starts, the configuration window tells me to keep all the sticks at the center position. It did not say that before. Anyway...I assigned the idle up 1 and 2 with f1 and f2, and autorotation to f3. I can now get the helicopter to idle up, but I have no throttle response whatsoever? I have cyclic and yaw for the most part...but no throttle response?