Heli-X install problems on a Mac

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
psyentific

Heli-X install problems on a Mac

Post by psyentific »

Running Mac Leopard 10.5.3 on a Mac Pro w/8GB of RAM.

I try to follow the readmeMac.text instructions, but they are not very clear.
1. Installation: unzip the contents of HELI-X_mac.zip and move its contents
into the install directory of Heli-X. Reply to the "directory exists"
warning for the "libs"-directory by clicking "replace".
2. Read the Heli-X-README! ;-)
3. Double-click runHELI-X_mac.command to run Heli-X.

I don't get any "directory exists" warning, as mentioned in #1. What is the "install directory of Heli-X"? Is that just the directory that Heli-X unzips itself too?

For #3, I don't see a runHELI_X_mac.command anywhere, just a runHELI-X.command. When I double click this command I get the following terminal window message:

Last login: Fri Jun 20 11:00:24 on console
/Users/camsmacpro/Downloads/HELI-X/runHELI-X.command ; exit;
rw-hw2wxb1:~ camsmacpro$ /Users/camsmacpro/Downloads/HELI-X/runHELI-X.command ; exit;
-bash: /Users/camsmacpro/Downloads/HELI-X/runHELI-X.command: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

So, I don't know how to proceed from here. The mac install instructions are not very clear and I cannot get the program to run on my Mac. Please give me your suggestions/help.

Thanks,

Cam
Michael

Re: Heli-X install problems on a Mac

Post by Michael »

Hi,

it look as if you have an very old download (which was there 3 weeks ago or so). Please use the current download version, then it should work.

Michael
psyentific

Post by psyentific »

Okay, I got the Heli-X working now, but I do not understand how to control the throttle. I have assigned Idle-Up to Button 1 on my Logitech Dual-Action controller, and the engine starts. But as soon as I let go of button 1, the engine shuts down again. How do I configure the controller so the left stick controls throttle, once the engine is started?

Thanks,

Cam
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi,

throttle is not controlled by a stick. There are two predefined throttle states, which are called IDLE UP1 and IDLE UP2. That means: If you want to control the idle up state via the controller you need a switch and not a button. Or you can assign IDLE UP1 and IDLE Up2 to keys of the keyboard. This works in any case.

This is the way, how electric helicopters are typically controlled.

Michael