2 Questions on how to demo Heli-X

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
Rav Ben

2 Questions on how to demo Heli-X

Post by Rav Ben »

Hello,

I was originally going to ask how to demo Heli-X in general—do I have to buy an adapter to my Spektrum radio, or if not, how does one control the demo?

When I got to this forum, I see that there is an issue with High Sierra that would apply to me, and that the fix is in Beta release of version 7. Am I able to get a demo version that will run on High Sierra, and again, how would I connect my radio to control the demo?

Thanks so much!

Ben Sendrow
Michael

Re: 2 Questions on how to demo Heli-X

Post by Michael »

Hello,

you can download an try the demo version. To control a heli with your spectrum transmitter, you need an USB interface. Just google for USB interface flight simulator spectrum and you will get offers from your country.

If you have problems running version 6.1 send me an email and I will send you the link to the version 7. --> info at heli-x.net

Michael
rjbokleman

Re: 2 Questions on how to demo Heli-X

Post by rjbokleman »

I'm using a DX6 Gen 3 with the WS1000 USB module w/Heli-X demo on Windows 10.

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default. ... =SPMWS1000

Works 'Ok' w/6.1 demo. I've got some issue w/Throttle Hold taking up two buttons or my 'H' switch being recognized twice and can't figure out how to get the Flight Mode 'B' switches to work w/IDL UP1/2, but overall its working.

I am, however, buying a copy of Heli-X and will try it on macOS soon, but it looks like I'm not installing the old Java (Serious Security Concerns!) and will wait for my registration number from Michael and then try to get v7 Beta going.