Usb controller voodoo

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
Paintboy

Usb controller voodoo

Post by Paintboy »

ok so got heli x, i am on MAc osx elcapitan, i have a new gen DX7. i have 2 usb adapts here now and not getting what i expected from either.
the FMS recognizes gimbals but sees no buttons.
the hobby king see gimbals and 2 buttons, so this is better but still not what i expected...
i also noticed in the manual under global/input tab there are different input models you can select and restart to invoke
have tried all four input types with each adapter and get no different results
just wondering if i am missing something here?
any input appreciated
Paintboy

Re: Usb controller voodoo

Post by Paintboy »

well update : i now have 3 of the different adapters listed(i think they are all the same really) and none of them work as expected with new gen DX7

used usb overdrive to take a look at whats going on, and now even more puzzled?
the adapter from Hobby king shows up and shows 8 channels available?
if you move sticks all channels show, even r,rx,ry(thats in usb overdrive)but when attached to Heli X no r,rx,ry

but after installing usb overdrive and taking a look.... from that point on HELI-x could not see even 1 channel? tried recalibration to no avail. had to uninstall Usb overdrive and restart to get things back to there previous half assed state

i wonder if something has changed in elcapitan that heli x is not recognizing the channels? even tho the adapter sees them?
kinda weird: the sim is really nice...great frame rate even with older mac pro..if you manage to get it going, but the big hole i see is all adapters/input controllers are specifically for windows OS?
i have seen some folks claim no issues, would love to know what they are doing=)
Paintboy

Re: Usb controller voodoo

Post by Paintboy »

well finally back to report. i have tried 3 of these controllers now and heres what i have found in case it might help others.
FMS usb adapter=0 i got gimbals but no buttons, no 5th channel the worst of the bunch.
Hobby King= gimbals and 2 buttons but once again throttle/pitch on same channel, with 2 buttons recognized you can arrange idle up2 to go inverted
and provides a decent experience, you can hover train, fly around so its not optimal but works , so better than the first one.
so then we have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131509826222 all in one flight controller which was kindly recommended by GyroPilot ,is like the hobby king but has a switch on the side and in the Aerofly mode position it actually sees all the channels,also flight mode switch and will read flight/set ups and dual rates(altho i dont use)from the transmitter,
altho i have to admit i dont quite have that figured/sorted out just yet, with what i would refer to sort of generic 3d throttle/pitch curves programmed into the flight modes when i switch into the idle up modes the heli of choiceBlade 550 (any heli gets same results)begins to scream and vanishes into outer space, not p'zackly conducive to heli training ....so i have had to resort to use 5 channel and ignore throttle an pitch curves and just set the idle up 2 to my FMode switch but it works and i can get my rainy day training in. so there hope this will help make this a bit easier for another pilot!
if you know how to sort out the full throttle/full pitch interpretation of the pitch throttle curve thing any input or suggestions appreciated.