Lead for transmitter

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
nasukaren

Re: Lead for transmitter

Post by nasukaren »

I had success with my JR XP6102 with a cheapo Chinese transmitter / USB lead. I'll post more details in a separate thread. This is with a MacBook Pro w/ OSX 10.5.6.

It took me a little while to figure out how the controller configuration worked, but I got it set up correctly after all.

Karen
Heli-X / Macintosh fangirl
Real life helis: HK-450, Belt CP 450, E-smart 600
Luke_Dykewalker

Post by Luke_Dykewalker »

Hello Heli-X and Mac-(still)-fans,

I try to get my Hitec USB interface running on my MAC with Heli-X as well, unsuccessfully up to now.
I see exactly the same problems as Tommy_G experienced!

My software/hardware:

Macbook Pro (my wife's, because it's fast enough, my own PC isn't!) with Leopard OS-X 10.5.6
Hitec USB interface (Multiplex)
Lexors 4+1 transmitter
Heli-X demo-version

The interface and transmitter work perfectly on my PC.

The MAC recognizes my USB interface. The system-profiler shows:

RC-Joystick:

Produkt-ID: 0x0003
Hersteller-ID: 0x0000
Version: 0.00
Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 1,5 MBit/s
Hersteller: MUltiplex
Standort-ID: 0x1d100000
Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA): 500
Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 100

and Heli-X doesn't complain at start-up that a joystick is missing. So it seems to know it's there!

When I start the joystick calibration, the bars just don't move when moving the transmitter sticks. Yes, the transmitter is switched on.
Also the blue led on the USB interface is not illuminated. Running on my PC, it does.

I don't understand what "whiz-kid" Tommy_G did by "modding the interface"! I understand that maybe the power or Voltage going through the USB interface into the MAC is too low for the MAC to support it. So a powered USB hub could help. That doesn't seem to fit to what de system profiler says: available current 500mA, needed current 100mA.
However, I don't like the solution with the powered hub, just too much hardware stuff. Then I would prefer to buy another USB interface that works! Can anybody give hints here? Ich spreche auch deutsch!

schöne Grüsse aus Hamburg

Luc
Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Hi Luc,

I would still try the “solution” with the powered hub - even if you don't actually like it. Odds are high that the problem is just once more that Mac OS does not properly recognize the device and power it correctly. It would not be the first USB device which fulfils the USB specs in a flakey way, which works with Windows but gives mac OS a headache. If that works, you could still contact Tommy_G how he modded his adaptor to get it working.

There might still be other combinations that could help: a different USB port, an unpowered USB hub (where power consumptions add up to a sufficient level), etc.

Hope that helps!
Heli-X unter Mac OS X 10.5 auf einem 20" iMac
in echt: Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 + Gaui EP100
Luke_Dykewalker

Post by Luke_Dykewalker »

Hallo Joerg,

OK, danke für die hints. Ich werde berichten ,wenn es Neues gibt.

Luc
nasukaren

Post by nasukaren »

Has anyone gotten a USB converter with more than 4 channels to work? If so, could you post the brand name and model number?

My cheap $7 converter only does the first four channels -- which doesn't let me set idle-up and I'd like to practice idle-up and auto-rotations as realistically as possible -- i.e., not having to use the keyboard.

karen
Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Karen,

the USB adaptor I posted here a while ago works perfectly with 6 channels - the only thing you have to make sure is that during calibration, all channels are moved in all directions (also the switched ones). So, it is possible to get it working. ;)
nasukaren

Post by nasukaren »

Do you mean this one:

http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/usb/simulitorline.htm

It looks exactly like the no-brand one I got from DealExtreme which is only 4 channel... I guess I can try to give it a go to see if I can get 5 and 6 channels wokring.

karen
Joerg

Post by Joerg »

Darn - the shop I put a link to doesn't stock the adaptor I ordered any more... Sorry. Since it doesn't give any more details on the invoice I still have, all I could offer you are the USB IDs - but I don't think they would help greatly. :(
desmogod

Post by desmogod »

I'm having the exact same issue, I even went and bought a powered hub and still no dice.
What is the "hack" or resolution for this?
Posting "I hacked it" doesn't really help the rest of us, how did you hack it?
Any help greatly appreciated
Jim
samss

Post by samss »

Hi, guy, maybe there is something wrong with your USB, you may change a usb charger or other charger. I find a nice shop for walkera helicopter, maybe it can help you in some extent. Just click here: http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-helicopter ... lkera.html