Whats the problem...

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
Typeo

Whats the problem...

Post by Typeo »

So I have two controllers... A cheap Dynamo USB controller that the sim locates but once I start to configure the sticks, I keep getting "channel not detected" after the first 2 steps. So obviously none of the configs stay. Why are the channels not detected?

Then... I went and purchased the suggested cheap HobbyKing HK-T6A V2 controller to see if that would be any better, and the sim tells me "no controller located". Why suggest one that cannot be located?

Why and what is going on? This should not be this problematic to use the software. There should also be detailed information on how to set up controllers in the Manual! Set up some videos or do whatever you need to, to make it easy for new users to set up controllers to the sim.

An informational explanation would be appreciated to get a controller configured to use the sim, as this is pretty frustrating. Thank you!
ThomasC

Re: Whats the problem...

Post by ThomasC »

Unfortunately I cannot give you a detailed instruction, but a very important hint: check the function of your controller in your OS' device manager. It's important that all required channels work there. If that's not the case, you're out of luck. This applies to ANY piece of software that tries to read out your stick movements. Not a Heli-X problem.

In case all required channels work in your OS, please tell your OS version (Windows? Which version? MAC? Linux?).

Have success :)