Setting up Controller

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
Typeo

Setting up Controller

Post by Typeo »

I have the suggested HK-T6A Controller but of course it did not come with a USB connection. Does anyone know a way to get it to connect with Heli-x with a Mac?

Also...

I have a Dynam USB controller with USB connection. I am new to simulators and am here to use the Quadcopters. I do not know the sticks or directions that they are asking to set up the sticks correctly. Does anyone know of a link that shows visually how to set up the sticks and the meanings/directions that are required to set up the sticks correctly? Or if someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Michael

Re: Setting up Controller

Post by Michael »

Typeo wrote:I

I have a Dynam USB controller with USB connection. I am new to simulators and am here to use the Quadcopters. I do not know the sticks or directions that they are asking to set up the sticks correctly. Does anyone know of a link that shows visually how to set up the sticks and the meanings/directions that are required to set up the sticks correctly? Or if someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1595
Typeo

Post by Typeo »

Michael,

Thank you for the tips for setting up the Phantom Controller. I am still trying to get it connected correctly but am not having any luck. It is now saying that there is an Error and the channel cannot be detected. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it does not. Im not too sure on what I am doing wrong.

Is Rudder the same as Yaw? Also I couldn't find where to switch it to Mode 2. I may not be in the correct mode. I apologize for being a pain in getting this set up. Thank you for all your help.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Typeo wrote:Thank you for the tips for setting up the Phantom Controller.
No, that was not what that post was showing. Read it. There is explained how the stick directions are called. That does not only apply for the Phantom, it's just how they are called. This could help too.
Typeo wrote:Is Rudder the same as Yaw?
yes, see here.
Typeo wrote:Also I couldn't find where to switch it to Mode 2. I may not be in the correct mode.
Mode 1 and 2 are just differently configured radios (like cars with steering on the left or on the right). They just have the stick orientations different. On most transmitters this can not be changed easily. In the Phantom post it is for Mode 2, but Mode 1 is almost the same simply with left and right hand controlls switched: pitch/yaw is on the right stick, roll/nick on the left stick (Mode 1). That's why you need to configure, to tell which channel on your radio is what control.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.