Heli-X on 10.10

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
cordvision

Re: Heli-X on 10.10

Post by cordvision »

Deleted the Heli X folder in my library. It is still not working.

Not sure what you mean with this: If it still Dows not work: Copy liblwjgl.jnilib in your HELI-X5 folder of the peronal libarary folder to liblwjgl.dylib in the same folder.

How can you copy a file into another file? Also, there is no liblwjgl.dylib file or folder. I have two folders, "files" and " "resources", and four files, HeliX5.jar, libjinput-osx.jnilib, liblwjgl.jnilib and openal.dylib.
bwing

Post by bwing »

Just find the file in the library, select DUPLICATE from the context menu and then rename the duplicate.
To see the Library hold the ALT key while showing the GOTO menu in the finder.
cordvision

Post by cordvision »

Ah ok, didn't get the I was supposed to duplicate it. However, it didn't solve the issue. Still get the following error message: To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment. I have already installed the latest version (v8) and the java website confirms that it is installed and working correctly.
im4711

Post by im4711 »

Looks like Heli-X5 does not work under Mac OS-X 10.10 and Java 8. Pretty sad since I liked the sim.

For now I can only hope someone steps up from the developer team and gets the issue fixed since My money spend is simply wasted.
As for others - it does not open Heli-X5 its simply coming with error message about Java version and points me to install Java 8 for OS-X 10.10. I have done that hoping the error measure was right but it was no good. Heli-X5 does not work with that Java version under the new OS.
jk6stringer

Post by jk6stringer »

MAC 10.10 Solved

Hi guys,

Here are the steps that I took to correct this minor glitch after update. Once Completed Heli-X runs just as good as ever!!!

1. Download and install JavaJRE or SDK from Oracle.
2. In you Finder menu at the top of you Mac and single click "Go" to show the drop down menu. With the menu visible hold down the "Option" key you will see a new entry appear in the Go drop down for "Library" click that item.
3. Locate the Heli-X folder in the Library folder that you just opened.
4. Right Click the file "liblwjgl.jnilib" and choose "Duplicate"
5. Rename that file create in step 4 to "liblwjgl.dylib"
6. Run Heli-X as usual and Enjoy!
cordvision

Post by cordvision »

Here's a solution. I did install java 8 directly from the oracle website, and even though the website confirms that it is working properly, Heli X still wouldn't start. Also, the duplicating file procedure didn't work either.

However, after installing this it worked: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

Happy flying :)
bwing

Post by bwing »

Just updated my MacBook to Yosemite. Installing the Java from the Oracle site and copying the library did work. Heli-X is running fine.
im4711

Post by im4711 »

Looks like both solutions work.
franskoek

Post by franskoek »

Oke. After upgrading to Yosemite, Heli-X didn't work.
I installed Java RTE 8 from Oracle. After that I installed this; http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

And now it works fine! ;-))
dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

In my case installing the JRE for 8u25 did not work. I had to install the full JDK 8u25 to get Heli-X to start without the Java not found error.