Heli-X on 10.10

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
happydays

Re: Heli-X on 10.10

Post by happydays »

I got it to work at last! Following advice on phantom pilots.com, I searched google for JavaFor SX2014-001.dmg and downloaded it again. When it installed, Heli-X fired up straight away. Pity the link on the software doesn't work.
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Looks like this is the official link that should work:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?view ... cale=en_US
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
shofsaess

Post by shofsaess »

First time trying to download the demo package,
I downloaded this link http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?view ... cale=en_US
I downloaded both the newest download and the older download,, but nothing happened,
What is the next step please,
shofsaess

Post by shofsaess »

I reinstalled the apps,, all is working now
thanks
banshee

Post by banshee »

I finally got it to work as well.

Did this - Downloaded and installed the latest Java update the the pop up screen took me to and then verified I had the latest Java update via the button provided after the update.
- downloaded and installed the Apple update via the link note on the previous posts. (Hint - click the download box next to the Lion head)
- Downloaded and installed the latest Mac OS version of Heli-X.
- Shut down Safari and Heli-X and restarted both.

All good with Helli-X running on Mac OS 10.10.1.

Now if I can just get my Phantom 2 Transmitter with trainer port to run Heli-X on my Mac I'll be very happy. Any ideas are most appreciated.

Banshee
Justin OldTimer

Post by Justin OldTimer »

Hi guyNs I am also having a problem installing Heli-X5. I am using OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite on a mid 2011 mac mini with 8GB of ram. My problem is that the Heli-X5 dmg simply does not install. I see the disk image icon on my desktop but no install processes appear to be going on. I installed and tested Java and it is working fine. I downloaded the Heli-X5 dmg again thinking the first may have been corrupt, but alas no installation when I double click. I also checked the library and no heli-x folder or files are present. Has anyone got some idea of what to do?
danielbermudez

Post by danielbermudez »

10.10 Mavericks Performance Improvement - Need confirmation
Installed System:
* Heli-X6
* Mac OSX 10.10.3 + latest security updates as of 4/19/2015
* Java 8 Update 45
* XQuartz 2.7.7 - XQuartz.org
* Controller: RX2SIM Wireless Multi-Sim Adapter - USB2SYS ( freakware.com ), Spektrum DX8
Topic:
I would like to find out if anyone else with the installed software and same or similar configuration shown above have seen a massive improvement in Shadow rendering with sustained frame rates of no less than 55 fps on very demanding circumstances.
The results were observed with the following additional configuration and settings ...
* boxes, landing pads and poles utilities in place
* Global settings: OpenGL anti-aliasing filter = x16, anisotropic filter = x8, Vertical Sync = On
* Shadows settings: PCF Poisson
Previous experience:
Before installing the XQuartz 2.7.7 the inclusion of boxes, landing pads or any other utility did cause performance degradation and frame rates to drop down to 10 fps or less.
sstyle

Post by sstyle »

I see a black screen with 4.2 version. And can not configure controller on 4.2 and 6.0. Do not know why (