USB Cable for Spektrum DX7 and Beginners setup questions

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
CyrusJH

USB Cable for Spektrum DX7 and Beginners setup questions

Post by CyrusJH »

I am new to heli flying generally and want to get this simulator working to practice as much as possible.

I have a Spektrum DX7 and will be running this Simulator on an iMac 3.4Ghz quad core i7 with 16Gb Ram. OSX 10.7.5

I have a couple of questions:

1) Can anyone recommend a USB cable that they know works on a Mac with both the DX7 and this sim please that I can get in the UK?

2) can anyone link me to some basic instructions on how to set up both the controller and the sim? They may well be on this forum but I can't seem to find them.

Sorry if these are real beginners questions but we all have to start somewhere!!

thanks for the help in advance - Cyrus
CyrusJH

Re: USB Cable for Spektrum DX7 and Beginners setup questions

Post by CyrusJH »

Any help out there?
:D
HeliHajo

Re: USB Cable for Spektrum DX7 and Beginners setup questions

Post by HeliHajo »

Hi CyrusJH,

I just sucessfully hooked up a DX4e and a DX7s with this Cable/Interface (which you might find on eBay in the UK as well) to my Mac. (No drivers to be installed - a matter of a minute.)

As the DX7 was totally new to me I was wondering how to set things up but it was fairly simple: I chose a Heli-setting I like (for beginners), switched the DX7 off, pluged-in the cable, had HELI-X configure the levers and switches and off we went. The only thing to remember: The DX7 has to be switched off or you heli will do crazy things and crash. I keep forgetting that and start to wonder what's going on time and time again. :lol:

Hope that works,
HeliHajo