Phantom 2 controller

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
paul2143

Phantom 2 controller

Post by paul2143 »

I have just downloaded the demo and am trying to set it up using the phantom 2 quadcopter controller. Does this controller work in the demo as I cant seem to get it to connect or do anything. Hence Im not sure if i purchase the complete version will it work?

I can't find any instructions how to connect the controller I have connected the usb lead that came with the controller but from there I cant find what to do?

Im using a Mac OSX version10.9.2 any help would be appreciated thank you
Michael

Re: Phantom 2 controller

Post by Michael »

The Controller of the Phantom can not be used as Joystick, neither on Windows nor on Mac.

Michael
JS1

Post by JS1 »

Just get a cheap USB controller instead. Could be better anyway (and cheaper longterm) since I am not sure how easy it is to replace the original DJI Phantom transmitter. If you train a lot in the simulator any transmitter would show signs of wear soon, usually sticks and switches first.
Modelling helis for Heli-X! See model build log here.
happydays

Post by happydays »

With the new DJI remote controller, there is an output for use with a simulator. Does anyone know which cable to use with this?
Hardattack

Post by Hardattack »

I would like to know also. Just bought a phantom and would like to practice on simulator first
happydays

Post by happydays »

Got a cable and hoped it up, but it isn't recognised. I can't get the mac to recognise it. I can't get the calibration to start at all. :evil:
banshee

Post by banshee »

I have the same problem. I have the upgraded DJI Phantom 2 controller with trainer jack in back of remote control. I also have the Hobby King adapter box that has a 3 conductor plug that fits into the Phantom trainer jack with the the other end (that is a 3 conductor plug) plugged into the lobby King adapter. On the Hobby King adapter there is a mini usb receptacle that I have used a standard USB cable to plug into my mac book pro. As a result there is a green LED that is lit up in the Hobby King adapter. the Phantom controller is connected tot he HK adapter via the 3 conduct plug. On the HK adapter there are one 3 position switch (SW1) and one 4 position switch SW2). SW 2 positions are labeled XTR, RealFlight G, AEROFLY, PHOENIXRC. SW1 is labeled WIRE, WIRELESS, SIM BOX.

I would be most appreciate for any info on how to get this configuration working with Heli-X. Extra points for the same answer using the TARANIS controller on the Mac.

Thanks,
Banshee