Mac OS Mavericks, controllers and crashing

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
jondrew

Mac OS Mavericks, controllers and crashing

Post by jondrew »

Hi,

Just loaded and activated the latest version of Heli-x on my iMac running Mavericks. Seems to load and operate just fine. A couple of questions (maybe are located elsewhere in this forum)

Until I get a decent radio, I'm using a PS 2 Bluetooth controller. It seems to link fine to my Mac, and the sticks are set up in the Mode 2 configuration. Since I am completely new to RC helicopters (and RC anything else for that matter), I expect its going to be difficult to master flying. However, I do have a Blade 120 RC I'be been flying for a couple of weeks in addition to a DJI phantom 2 and several other micro Quads. I'm still practicing hovering on the Blade, and just starting to get to forward flight (windy weather has made practicing almost impossible). But I've spent a couple of hours on Blade 130X and TRex250 today on Heli-x and its almost as if I'd never even touched a Heli. Its just crash, crash crash. The controls seem so sensitive and helis just keep tipping over or spiraling out of control. I'm hoping its just unfamiliarity with the Sim vs the real thing, but this is pretty tough so far (I don't do too bad with the little quads and the Phantom, and even the Heli-x Phantom seems a bit wild). Any suggestions on settings I could make to the sim to quiet it down a bit?

Second question is the PS controllers. The stick functions seem to work ok, but I've tried to assign some buttons to control Idle (Key 1 and Key 2 on a keyboard) and Zoom in/out (Keys 8 and 9 on a keyboard) and no success. Has anyone been able to do this? Looks like there are 16 assignable buttons and I've tried a couple of combinations, but nothing so far.

Thanks,
jondrew

Re: Mac OS Mavericks, controllers and crashing

Post by jondrew »

Ok, forget the part about mapping the PS controller buttons. I figured it out