want to use Dx6i and Heli-x on OSX 10.8.5 - questions

Installation and usage on Mac OS-X / Installation unter Mac OS-X
ryguy76

want to use Dx6i and Heli-x on OSX 10.8.5 - questions

Post by ryguy76 »

Hi,

I am just getting into the hobby and have placed an order for my heli's, and thought I should sort out the sim aspect while I wait. I ordered a Spektrum Dx6i Radio and am hoping that I can use it to simulate a CP heli, (bought a Nano CPX), and get all 6 channels working. Does anyone have any experience with the same setup? What interface did you purchase? Any setup advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
obijuan kenobe

Re: want to use Dx6i and Heli-x on OSX 10.8.5 - questions

Post by obijuan kenobe »

I too am working this basic set up.

I have OSX 9.1, and am trying to set up a SimStick with a DX6i.

This went off almost without a hitch, except I have had some trouble getting the throttle channel (on my set up it appears to be "ry") to calibrate correctly. I am using five channels in the configuration menus, and was trying to run with the 'ignore throttle and pitch curve' boxes (both of them) check and on. I assumed these referred to these setting found Heli-X for idle up 1 and idle up 2. I wanted to use the DX6i to set these curves, as well as DR and expo. I suspect this is where the trouble lies.

I suspect this is because in both normal and idle up modes on the DX6i, I had already programmed throttle and pitch curves. My guess is that one needs to run the DX6i linear in relation the stick output, and calibrate the sticks first. Then you can either allow Heli-X to apply DR, expo, throttle and pitch curves in idle up 1 and idle up 2, or MAYBE after calibration, apply the curves you want to Norm and Stunt modes on the DX6i and they will then work.

I have tried neither, but will try both tonight.

I suspect this is a minor oversight on my part that will be solved this evening. So far, hovering is going well...and I do like Heli-X.

jay